Sensex surges 236 points (Second Lead)July 10th, 2012 - 5:27 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 10 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets closed 236 points higher Tuesday with robust buying in FMCG, capital goods and banking stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,431.68 points closed at 17,628.95 (provisional), up 1.36 percent or 236.97 points from its previous close at 17,391.98 points.
The BSE mid-cap was up 69.04 points and small cap was higher by 53.26 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange also was trading 1.34 percent higher at 5,346 points.
The BSE FMCG index was up 96.26 points, while the capital goods index and the banking index were 182.44 points and 185.47 points up respectively.
Major Sensex gainers were ITC, up 2.84 percent at Rs.258.50; Hindalco Inds, up 2.70 percent at Rs.127.55; Maruti Suzuki, up 2.52 percent at Rs.1,219; Tata Motors, up 2.41 points at Rs.246 and Jindal Steel, up 2.39 percent at Rs.454.10.
The only two Sensex losers were Wipro, down 0.39 percent at Rs.384.40 and Sun Pharma, down 0.20 percent at Rs.624.
- Sensex rallies 226 points on European cues (Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex rises 111 points, auto and banking stocks up - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex gains 146 points, auto banking stocks up (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex rises 41 points; health care, FMCG stocks up - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex rises 52 points health care, FMCG stocks up (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex rises 37 points; power, FMCG stocks up - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex rises 147.78 points; consumer durables, realty stocks up - Jun 11, 2012
- Sensex rises 25.63 points; capital goods, health care stocks up - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex in see-saw trade, consumer durables, realty stocks up - Mar 27, 2012
- Sensex up 106.32 points; FMCG, oil stocks surge - Jun 19, 2012
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex ends in green; FMCG, auto stocks rally (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Sensex closes 43 points high (Second lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex above 16,000-mark, realty, FMCG stocks fall (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Sensex closes 66 points high (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, capital goods, gainers, inds, itc, jindal, losers, mid cap, national stock exchange, rs 1, sensex, sensitive index, small cap, stocks, sun pharma, suzuki, tata motors