Sensex starts week on strong footingFebruary 6th, 2012 - 1:30 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 6 (IANS) Indian equities markets started on a positive note Monday with a benchmark index rising smartly to rule 175 points higher in morning trade.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the BSE, which opened at 17,741.91 points, was ruling at 17,780 points, 175.04 points or 0.99 percent up from its previous close at 17,604.96 points.
The 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was also trading in the green at 5,376.2 points, up 50.35 points or 0.95 percent from its previous close.
Broader markets were ruling higher as well, with the BSE 500 index trading 1.34 percent up from its previous close. The BSE midcap index was up 1.94 percent while the BSE smallcap index gained 2.28 percent.
Realty, capital goods, metals and banking stocks were on the rise. All 13 sectoral indices on the BSE were in the green.
Prominent gainers on the 30-scrip Sensex included SBI, ICICI Bank, L&T; and TCS, while losers included Tata Power, RIL and NTPC.
The market breadth was positive with 1,893 stocks advancing, 646 on the decline and 82 unchanged.
Asian markets too were ruling in the green, managing to extend the previous week’s gains.
The Japanese Nikkei rose 1.03 percent to rule at 8,923.25 points, while Hong Kong’s Hang Seng nudged up 0.1 percent to trade at 20,778.72 points.
The Chinese Shanghai Composite index was ruling flat at 2,331.27 points.
- Sensex closes 71 points up (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Sensex continues 5-week rally, closes 102 points higher (Roundup) - Feb 06, 2012
- Sensex holds on to gains, but slips from 18,000 - Feb 29, 2012
- Sensex in see-saw trade, consumer durables, realty stocks up - Mar 27, 2012
- Sensex ruling moderately higher as rate cut hopes fade - Mar 12, 2012
- Sensex slips into red as IT stocks fall - Jan 12, 2012
- Sensex off day's highs, holding in green - Mar 20, 2012
- Sensex declines 66 points, metal, consumer durables down - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex rises 150 points; oil and gas, banking stocks rally - Apr 03, 2012
- Sensex ruling in green; realty, consumer durables gain - Mar 06, 2012
- Sensex rises in afternoon trade, capital goods scrips lead - Mar 21, 2012
- Sensex slips after touching 18,000 points - Mar 14, 2012
- Indian equities shoot up in morning trade - Jan 03, 2012
- Sensex continues to trade lacklustre, RIL soars (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex rises 100 points; auto, IT stocks rally - May 29, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,