Sensex slides 156.93 points; consumer durables, realty stocks downJune 4th, 2012 - 2:25 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 4 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian equities markets fell 0.98 percent Monday around 12.30 p.m., led by selling pressure in consumer durable, realty and fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), was ruling at 15,808.23 points - 156.93 points or 0.98 percent down from its previous close at 15,965.16 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 15,868.16 points and low of 15,748.98 points in the intra-day trade.
There was a heavy buying pressure on consumer durable, realty and FMCG stocks. Consumer durable index was down by 3.67 points, realty index was down by 35.70 points and FMCG index was down by 78.27 points.
Major Sensex losers included DLF, down 4.58 percent at Rs.174.05; Gail India, down 2.90 percent at Rs.321.40; Sterlite Inds, down 2.41 percent at Rs.89; Bajaj Auto, down 2.30 percent at Rs.1,465; Jindal Steel, down 2.25 percent at Rs.419.40.
Only three of the 30 Sensex scrips were in positive. They were ONGC, up 1.06 percent at Rs.248.90; RIL, up 1 percent at Rs.690.55; Hero MotoCorp, up 0.11 percent at Rs.1,823.85.
- Sensex slips 136 points, consumer durables, banking stocks lose (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex above 16,000-mark, realty, FMCG stocks fall (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Sensex rises 63 points; consumer durable, realty stocks up - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex closes 18 points higher (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex declines 66 points, metal, consumer durables down - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex ends in green; FMCG, auto stocks rally (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Sensex consolidates, broader markets rise (Roundup) - Jul 04, 2011
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex closes 78 points down (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Markets end on tame note, Sensex slips in late selling (Roundup) - May 10, 2011
- Sensex down 75 points, Jindal Steel slumps (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Sensex closes 22 points down (Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex down 168 points - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, consumer durables, fmcg stocks, hero, India, inds, losers, moving consumer goods, mumbai, points realty, realty stocks, ril, rs 1, sensex, sensitive index, slides