Sensex rises over 100 points, oil and gas, banking stocks up (Lead)August 14th, 2012 - 4:28 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 14 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was up Tuesday, trading 102 points higher in late afternoon trade.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,631.64 points, was ruling at 17,735.47 points, 0.58 percent or 102.02 points up from its previous day’s close at 17,633.45 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 17,753.43 points and a low of 17,572.34 points in intra-day trade.
The BSE oil and gas index was up 113.77 points, and the banking index, up 136.60 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was ruling 0.65 percent up at 5,382.90 points.
The major Sensex gainers were Tata Steel, up 2.45 percent at Rs.405.35; Tata Motors, up 2.45 percent at Rs.234; ICICI Bank, up 2.08 percent at Rs.969.35; Coal India, up 1.84 percent at Rs.353.95; and ONGC, up 1.78 percent at Rs.285.80.
The main Sensex losers were Sun Pharma down 2.22 percent at Rs.666.90; Bajaj Auto, down 1.64 percent at Rs.1,680; HDFC, down 1.45 percent at Rs.705; Sterlite Inds, down 1.45 percent at Rs.112.30; and Maruti Suzuki, down 0.27 percent at Rs.1,182.95.
Among other Asian markets, Japan’s Nikkei was up 0.50 percent while Shanghai’s composite index was 0.30 percent higher. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng was up 1.05 percent.
- Sensex rises 63 points; banking, metal stocks up - Aug 14, 2012
- Sensex closes almost 95 points up (Second Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Sensex closes 95 points up as inflation dips (Roundup) - Aug 14, 2012
- Sensex trades lower; oil and gas, metal stocks down (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Sensex down 43 points, IT stocks fall - Sep 04, 2012
- Sensex closes flat; oil and gas, auto stocks fall (Roundup) - Aug 23, 2012
- Sensex closes 194 points up; IT, power stocks rise (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Sensex closes 148 points down (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Sensex closes flat; SBI down over 4 percent (Roundup) - Aug 10, 2012
- Sensex closes 194 points up, IT, power stocks rise (Roundup) - Aug 21, 2012
- Sensex rises 47 points; capital goods, power stocks up - Jun 20, 2012
- Sensex closes 117 points down (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Sensex closes 74 points higher (Lead) - Apr 02, 2012
- Sensex trims gains; auto, oil and gas stocks down (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- RBI measures fail to cheer market, Sensex falls 43 points (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
Tags: afternoon trade, asian markets, benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, coal india, composite index, gas index, hang seng, hdfc, inds, maruti suzuki, national stock exchange, nse, ongc, rs 1, sensitive index, sun pharma, tata motors, tata steel