Sensex rises as realty, power stocks pick up steam (Second Lead)June 24th, 2009 - 3:39 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 24 (IANS) Trading picked up at Indian equities markets Wednesday as investors bought into realty, power and technology stocks, pushing a key index back into the green about two hours before the closing bell.
Around 2 p.m., the benchmark index of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), the Sensex, which opened at 14,376.82 points, was trading at 14,427.02 points - 103.01 points or 0.72 percent higher than Tuesday’s close.
Similarly, the S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) gained 0.98 percent to stand at 4,288.7 points.
Broader market indices were doing better, with the BSE midcap index gaining 2.12 percent from its previous close, while the BSE smallcap index moved up 2.13 percent.
- Sensex rises 63 points; consumer durable, realty stocks up - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex slips 136 points, consumer durables, banking stocks lose (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex rises 104 points, consumer durable, IT stocks up - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex rises in afternoon trade, capital goods scrips lead - Mar 21, 2012
- Sensex ends 93 points higher; IT, consumer durable stocks up( Roundup) - Jul 19, 2012
- Indian stock markets closed Thursday - Oct 27, 2011
- Sensex closes 74 points higher (Lead) - Apr 02, 2012
- Sensex starts week on strong footing - Feb 06, 2012
- Sensex subdued in afternoon trade - Jun 06, 2011
- Benchmark indices subdued, midcaps rise - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex down 75 points, Jindal Steel slumps (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Sensex rebounds 101 points; banking stocks climb - Dec 30, 2011
- Sensex closes flat amid volatility (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Sensex closes 37 points up (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Telecom scrips push Sensex higher - Feb 02, 2012