Sensex rises 75 points; FMCG, consumer durables up (Lead)July 24th, 2012 - 4:39 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 24 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was trading 75 points up in the late afternoon trade Tuesday as European stocks opened in green.
Buying was seen in FMCG, consumer durables and oil and gas stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 16907.74 points, was ruling at 16952.59 points, 0.45 percent or 75.24 points up from its previous day’s close at 16877.35 points.
The BSE FMCG index was up 91.47 points, followed by the consumer durables index, up 59.48 points, and oil and gas index, up 63.14 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 0.47 percent up at 5,142.20 points.
Hindustan Unilever was the biggest Sensex gainer and was trading up 7.36 percent at Rs.475.45.
The other major Sensex gainers were Maruti Suzuki, up 3.25 percent at Rs.1,115; Sterlite Inds, up 2.91 percent at Rs.102.45; ONGC, up 1.67 percent at Rs.285.75 and Bharti Airtel, up 0.91 percent at Rs.306.60.
The main losers were Wipro, down 2.81 percent at Rs.346.45; Sun Pharma, down 1.30 percent at Rs.608.75; Mahindra and Mahindra, down 0.88 percent at Rs.686.6; BHEL, down 0.82 percent at Rs.218; Hero MotoCorp, down 0.76 percent at Rs.2,037.65.
Among other Asian markets, Japan’s Nikkei was down 0.24 percent while Shanghai’s composite index was 0.24 percent higher. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng was down 0.79 percent.
The European markets opened in green. France’s CAC was up 0.14 percent while Germany’s DAX was trading 0.02 percent higher. Britain’s FTSE 100 was up 0.12 percent.
- Sensex closes in green, HUL top gainer (Roundup) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex down 39 points - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex rises 40 points; capital goods, FMCG stocks up - Jun 13, 2012
- Sensex falls 64 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks down (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex closes 43 points high (Second lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex down 79 points; consumer durables, auto scrips fall - Aug 10, 2012
- Sensex closes 71 points down, FMCG, metal stocks plummet (Roundup) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex rises 41 points; health care, FMCG stocks up - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex closes 129 points down on weak European cues (Roundup) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex down 41 points; realty, health care stocks slump - Jun 21, 2012
- Sensex trims gains; auto, oil and gas stocks down (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex closes 18 points higher (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,