Sensex rises 66 points; metal, IT stocks up (Lead)July 18th, 2012 - 4:07 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 18 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was trading 66 points up in the late afternoon session Wednesday, led by good buying in metal, IT and capital goods stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,113.37 points, was ruling at 17171.86 points, up 0.39 percent or 66.56 points from its previous day’s close at 17,105.30 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 0.30 percent higher at 5,208.50 points.
The major Sensex gainers were: Bajaj Auto, up 3.36 percent at Rs.1,495.76; Tata Power, up 2.82 percent at Rs.98.50; Jindal Steel, up 2.59 percent at Rs.426.20; Sterlite Inds, up 2.58 percent at Rs.103.50 and Coal India, up 1.64 percent at Rs.360.05.
The major Sensex losers were: Dr Reddys Lab, down 2.38 percent at Rs.1,663; Tata Motors, down 2.17 percent at Rs.221; Hero MotoCorp, down 0.85 percent at Rs.2,081.10; NTPC, down 0.79 percent at Rs.157 and SBI, down 0.77 percent at Rs.2,181.90.
Among other Asian markets, Japan’s Nikkei was 0.32 percent down and Hong Kong’s Hang Seng was 1.11 percent lower. China’s Composite index was 0.37 percent up.
- Sensex down; consumer durables, auto stocks fall - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex closes 79 points high (Second Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex rises 80 points, metal, capital goods stocks up (Roundup) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex jumps 304 points ahead of RBI policy review (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Sensex closes 148 points down (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Sensex falls 147 percent, metal, power stocks slump - Jul 09, 2012
- Sensex trades lower; oil and gas, metal stocks down (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Sensex up 100 points on firm Asian cues - Aug 23, 2012
- Sensex closes 55 points down, realty, banking stocks lower (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Sensex declines 66 points, metal, consumer durables down - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex falls 57 points, metal consumer durable stocks down (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex rises 41 points; health care, FMCG stocks up - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex tanks 120 points, metal, capital goods stocks down - Sep 05, 2012
- Sensex down almost 75 points - Aug 02, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
Tags: afternoon session, asian markets, benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, capital goods, coal india, composite index, dr reddys lab, gainers, hang seng, inds, late afternoon, national stock exchange, ntpc, rs 1, rs 2, sbi, sensitive index, tata motors, tata power