Sensex rises 63.33 points; capital goods, banking, realty stocks upMay 21st, 2012 - 2:27 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 21 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian equities markets was trading high around 12:30 p.m. Monday on account of buying activity picking up in capital goods, banking and realty index.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was ruling at 16,216.08 points, up by 0.39 percent or 63.33 points from its previous close of 16,152.75 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 16,286.14 points and a low of 16,172.05 points in the intra-day trade. The Sensex midcap was up 33.09 points but smallcap was up 61.44 points.
The BSE capital goods index was up 1.53 percent or 133.42 points followed by banking index up 1.34 percent or 143.43 points and realty index up 1.18 percent or 18.34 points.
Major Sensex gainers included State Bank of India, up 3.71 percent at Rs.2,014; Maruti Suzuki up 3.23 percent at Rs.1,202.70, Tata Power, up 3.23 percent at Rs.94.35; Larsen and Toubro, up 1.93 percent at Rs.1,184.10; Hindalco Inds, up 1.76 percent at Rs.109.90.
Major Sensex losers included NTPC, down 2.10 percent at Rs.142.20; Wipro, down 1.54 percent at Rs.384.80; Bajaj Auto, down 1.43 percent at Rs.1,511; Infosys, 1.36 percent at Rs.2,352.90; Tata Steel, 1.31 percent at Rs.394.60.
- Sensex closes 80 points up, on SBI and rupee shows (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Sensex down 58 points, realty, banks stocks slump (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex jumps 304 points ahead of RBI policy review (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Sensex closes 117 points down (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Sensex slips 120 points; banking, capital goods stocks fall (Roundup) - Jul 20, 2012
- Sensex rises for the second day, up 188 points (Roundup) - Aug 07, 2012
- Sensex down 127 points, IT stocks hit (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Sensex down 31 points, banking, realty stocks fall - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex down 119 points; consumer durable, auto stocks fall - May 23, 2012
- Sensex closes 22 points down (Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- Sensex rises 128 points on positive European cues - Dec 22, 2011
- Sensex up 144 points in noon trade - May 10, 2012
- Sensex closes 81 points higher as August derivatives end (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Sensex slips after RBI policy action, trading 70 points down - Jul 31, 2012
- Sensex gains 272 points on rate cut hope, global cues (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
Tags: bank of india, benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, capital goods, gainers, inds, larsen and toubro, maruti suzuki, midcap, realty stocks, rs 1, rs 2, sensitive index, smallcap, state bank, state bank of india, tata power, tata steel, wipro