Sensex rises 63 points; consumer durable, realty stocks upJuly 3rd, 2012 - 2:56 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 3 (IANS) Helped by firm Asian cues, a benchmark index of Indian equities markets was Tuesday trading 63 points higher in the afternoon trade, led by robust buying in consumer durable, realty and banking stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,457.95 points, was trading at 17,462.20 points around 12.30 p.m., up 0.36 percent or 63.22 points from its previous close at 17,398.98 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was trading 0.32 percent higher at 5,295.75 points.
The BSE consumer durable index was up 125.75 points, while the realty index and the banking index were 19.68 points and 133.78 up respectively.
Major Sensex gainers were Bharti Airtel, up 3.53 percent at Rs.320.80; Gail India, up 2.13 percent at Rs.362.75; Hindalco Inds, up 1.61 percent at Rs.123.05; ICICI Bank, up 1.57 percent at Rs.907.95; and ONGC, up 1.51 percent at Rs.289.70.
The main losers were TCS, down 1.56 percent at Rs.1,240.50; BHEL, down 1.11 percent at Rs.232.55; Hindustan Unilever, down 1.02 percent at Rs.442.50; Hero MotoCorp, down 0.72 at Rs.2,098.95; and ITC, down 0.64 percent at Rs.248.50.
In the Asian region, the Japan’s Nikkei was up 0.70 percent, while Hong Kong’s Hang Seng gained 1.12 percent.
- Sensex closes 18 points higher (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex slips 136 points, consumer durables, banking stocks lose (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex rises 128 points, IT consumer durable stocks up (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex falls 126 points on weak rupee and global cues (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Sensex trims gains; auto, oil and gas stocks down (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex rises 49 points, realty, oil and gas high (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Sensex rises 110 points; realty, banking stocks up - Jun 25, 2012
- Sensex closes 17 points down on growth worries (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex down 35.68 points, oil and gas stocks fall - May 25, 2012
- Sensex above 16,000-mark, realty, FMCG stocks fall (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Sensex tanks 244 points as RBI keeps rates unchanged (Roundup) - Jun 18, 2012
- Sensex down 75 points, Jindal Steel slumps (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Sensex declines 66 points, metal, consumer durables down - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: afternoon trade, airtel, asian region, benchmark index, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, gainers, hang seng, inds, itc, national stock exchange, nikkei, ongc, realty stocks, rs 1, rs 2, rs 232, sensitive index, unilever