Sensex rises 52 points health care, FMCG stocks up (Lead)July 17th, 2012 - 3:58 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 17 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets rose 52 points in late afternoon session Tuesday, led by good buying in health care, FMCG and banking stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,176.93 points, was ruling at 17,155.94 points, up 0.31 percent or 52.63 points from its previous day close at 17,103.31 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 17,236.08 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 0.21 percent higher at 5,208.30 points.
The BSE health care index was up 79.30 points. And so were FMCG index, up 43.95 points, and banking index, up 33.49 points.
The major Sensex gainers were: Dr Reddys Lab, up 2.54 percent at Rs.1,718; Bharti Airtel, up 2.49 percent at Rs.327.60; ; Sun Pharma, up 2.05 percent at Rs.633.70; and Hindalco Inds, up 1.48 percent at Rs.120.15.
The losers were: Bajaj Auto, down 3.06 percent at Rs.1,437.85; TCS, down 2.03 percent at Rs.1,185.60; BHEL, down 0.72 percent at Rs.228.35; Sterlite Inds, down 0.69 percent at Rs.100.80; Tata Motors, down 0.61 percent at Rs.227.90.
Among other Asian markets, Japan’s Nikkei was 0.35 percent up and Hong Kong’s Hang Seng was 1.75 percent higher. China’s Composite index was 0.62 percent up.
- Sensex rises 41 points; health care, FMCG stocks up - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex closes 16 points down (Second lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex down 39 points - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex down almost 15 points, auto, banking stocks down - Aug 13, 2012
- Sensex trades flat, auto, banking stocks down (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Sensex closes 78 points down (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex closes 129 points down on weak European cues (Roundup) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex ends in green; FMCG, auto stocks rally (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Sensex down 26.45 points on selling pressure - May 22, 2012
- Sensex closes 37 points up (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex rallies 226 points on European cues (Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex closes 66 points high (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex closes 18 points higher (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex surges 236 points (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
Tags: afternoon session, airtel, asian markets, benchmark index, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, composite index, dr reddys lab, hang seng, health care index, hindalco, inds, late afternoon, national stock exchange, rs 1, rs 120, sensitive index, sun pharma, tata motors