Sensex rises 52 points, health care, consumer durables upJuly 16th, 2012 - 2:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 16 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets rose 52 points in afternoon session Monday, led by good buying in health care, consumer durables and banking stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened in the positive at 17,241.98 points, was ruling at 17,266.34 points, up 0.31 percent or 52.64 points from its previous day close at 17,213.70 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 17,282.30 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 0.22 percent higher at 5,238.65 points.
The major Sensex gainers were: Bharti Airtel, up 3.93 percent at Rs.319.90; Dr Reddys Lab, up 2.61 percent at Rs.1,689.40, Maruti Suzuki, up 2.24 percent at Rs.1,210.20, and Sun Pharma, up 1.65 percent at Rs.627.
The losers were: Tata Steel, down 3.21 percent at Rs.412; Jindal Steel, down 2.21 percent at Rs.420.95; Infosys, down 1.88 percent at Rs.2,186; TCS, down 1.37 percent at Rs.1,232.55; Gail India, down 0.73 percent at Rs.359.55.
- Sensex turns red; IT, metal stocks fall (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Sensex closes 116 points down (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Sensex slumps 110 points; IT, metal stocks down (Roundup) - Jul 16, 2012
- Sensex closes 18 points higher (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex closes in red, consumer durable, realty stocks down (Roundup) - Jul 13, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex closes 37 points up (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex tanks 238 points on poor Infosys growth outlook - Apr 13, 2012
- Sensex closes 148 points down (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Sensex up 100 points on firm Asian cues - Aug 23, 2012
- Sensex slips 100 points; metal, telecom stocks slump - Apr 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 79 points high (Second Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex falls 147 percent, metal, power stocks slump - Jul 09, 2012
- Sensex closes 55 points down, realty, banking stocks lower (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Sensex trades lower; oil and gas, metal stocks down (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
Tags: afternoon session, airtel, benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, consumer durables, dr reddys lab, gainers, health care consumer, infosys, losers, mumbai, national stock exchange, rs 1, rs 2, sensex, sensitive index, sun pharma, tata steel, tcs