Sensex rises 40 points; capital goods, FMCG stocks upJune 13th, 2012 - 2:40 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 13 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was trading 0.24 percent higher in the afternoon session Wednesday, led by good buying support in capital goods, FMCG and health care stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 16,865.72 points, was trading at 16,903.11 points in the afternoon session, up 0.24 percent or 40.31 points from its previous close at 16,862.80 points.
The BSE capital goods index was up 131.84 points, FMCG index was up 43.56 points and the health care index was up 57.61 points.
Major Sensex gainers were Larsen and Toubro, up 2.02 percent at Rs.1342.10; Hindustan Unilever, up 1.98 percent at Rs.441.35; Sun Pharma, up 1.67 percent at Rs.598; BHEL, up 1.57 percent at Rs.222.80 and ICICI Bank, up 1.54 percent at Rs.851.70.
Major Sensex loses were Maruti Suzuki, down 3.25 percent at Rs.1,109; Mahindra and Mahindra down 2.42 percent at Rs.678.45; Sterlite Inds, down 1.25 percent at Rs.102.70; Hero MotoCorp, down 1.24 percent at Rs.1968; Tata Motors, down 1.23 percent at Rs.239.95.
- Sensex closes in green, HUL top gainer (Roundup) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex closes flat ahead of inflation data (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Sensex rises 75 points; FMCG, consumer durables up (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex rises 120 points, FMCG, realty, metal stocks up - May 17, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex down 41 points; realty, health care stocks slump - Jun 21, 2012
- Sensex down 39 points - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex up 144 points in noon trade - May 10, 2012
- Sensex closes 43 points high (Second lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex rises 41 points; health care, FMCG stocks up - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex closes 78 points down (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex closes flat, FMCG, PSU stocks up (Second Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Sensex closes 129 points down on weak European cues (Roundup) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex closes flat on weak rupee (Lead) - May 17, 2012
Tags: afternoon session, benchmark index, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, capital goods, fmcg stocks, gainers, health care index, hindustan, inds, larsen and toubro, mahindra and mahindra, maruti suzuki, mumbai, rs 1, sensitive index, sun pharma, tata motors, unilever