Sensex rises 37 points; power, FMCG stocks upJune 28th, 2012 - 2:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 28 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was trading 0.22 percent higher in the afternoon session Thursday led by robust buying in power, FMCG and capital goods stocks and firm Asian cues.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 16,985.58 points, was trading at 17,005.30 points around 12.30 p.m., up 0.22 percent or 37.54 points from its previous close at 16,967.76 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was trading 0.17 percent higher at 5,150.55 points.
The BSE power index was up 15.21 points, the FMCG index was up 25.58 points and the capital goods index was up 50.44 points.
Major Sensex gainers were Tata Power, up 1.43 percent at Rs.99.05; NTPC, up 1.39 percent at Rs.157.10; ITC, up 1.09 percent at Rs.250.50; Infosys, up 0.87 percent at Rs.2,490 and BHEL, up 0.75 percent at Rs.222.10.
Major Sensex losers were Tata Motors, down 1.28 percent at Rs.236; Gail India, down 1.24 percent at Rs.350; SBI, down 1.01 percent at Rs.2,092; TCS, down 0.30 at Rs.1,243; Hindustan Unilever, down 0.25 percent at Rs.451.55.
In the Asian region, the Japan’s Nikkei was up 1.65 percent, while Hong Kong’s Hang Seng gained 0.04 percent.
- Sensex closes flat on derivatives expiry, weak European cues (Roundup) - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex down; consumer durables, auto stocks fall - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex down 39 points - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex down 19 points; auto, oil and gas stocks fall (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex slides 156.93 points; consumer durables, realty stocks down - Jun 04, 2012
- Sensex closes 61 points up; metal, power stocks rise (Roundup) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex falls 64 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks down (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex closes 147 points down over political uncertainties (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Sensex erases day's highs, up 180 points (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Sensex up 106.32 points; FMCG, oil stocks surge - Jun 19, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex gains 272 points on rate cut hope, global cues (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Sensex gains 66 points in special trading - Sep 08, 2012
Tags: afternoon session, asian region, benchmark index, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, capital goods, gainers, hang seng, infosys, national stock exchange, ntpc, power index, rs 1, rs 2, rs 250, sbi, sensitive index, tata motors, tata power