Sensex rises 25.63 points; capital goods, health care stocks upJuly 5th, 2012 - 2:23 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 5 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was Thursday trading 25.63 points higher around 12:30 p.m., led by robust buying in capital goods, health care and FMCG stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,478.16 points, was trading at 17,488.44 points, up 0.15 percent or 25.63 points from its previous close at 17,462.81 points.
BSE mid-cap was up 51.03 points and small cap was higher by 85.48 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange also was trading 5.40 points or 0.10 percent higher at 5,307.95 points.
The BSE capital goods index was up 68.36 points, while the health care index and the FMCG index were 41.66 points and 29.07 points up respectively.
Major Sensex gainers were Cipla, up 1.95 percent or 6.15 points at Rs.322.15; Jindal Steel, up 1.43 percent or 6.65 points at Rs.472.95; BHEL, up 1.42 percent or 3.30 points at Rs.236.30; Sun Pharma, up 0.83 percent or 5.25 points at Rs.638.75; and RIL, up 0.81 percent or 5.95 points at Rs.740.
The main losers were Bajaj Auto, down 1.86 percent or 29.50 points at Rs.1,554; ONGC, down 1.11 percent or 3.15 points at Rs.281.50; Dr.Reddy’s Lab, down 0.88 percent or 14.40 points at Rs.1,626.90; Coal India, down 0.73 percent or 2.60 points at Rs.351.20; and NTPC, down 0.65 percent or 1.05 points at Rs.159.95.
- Sensex closes 66 points high (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex gains 75 points, FMCG, banking stocks rise (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex down 39 points - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex rises 52 points health care, FMCG stocks up (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex slips 136 points, consumer durables, banking stocks lose (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex ends in green; FMCG, auto stocks rally (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Sensex closes 18 points higher (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex closes 78 points down (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex surges 236 points (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex closes flat, FMCG, PSU stocks up (Second Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Sensex above 16,000-mark, realty, FMCG stocks fall (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Sensex closes 71 points down, FMCG, metal stocks plummet (Roundup) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex rises 37 points; power, FMCG stocks up - Jun 28, 2012
Tags: benchmark index, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, capital goods, coal india, dr reddy, fmcg stocks, gainers, health care index, losers, mid cap, national stock exchange, ntpc, ongc, ril, rs 1, sensitive index, small cap, sun pharma