Sensex rises 17 points; oil, gas, power stocks upJune 26th, 2012 - 2:22 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 26 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was trading flat in the afternoon session Tuesday led by weak Asian stock performances.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 16,873.09 points, was trading at 16,899.89 points around 12:15 p.m., up 0.11 percent or 17.73 points from its previous close at 16,882.16 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was trading 0.08 percent higher at 5,118.95 points.
The BSE oil and gas index was up 63.38 points, the power index was up 11.64 points and the banking index was up 66.31 points.
Major Sensex gainers were Gail India, up 2.20 percent at Rs.351; ONGC, up 1.92 percent at Rs.278.20; Tata Power, up 1.70 percent at Rs.95.50; TCS, up 1.41 percent at Rs.1232.80 and HDFC Bank, up 1.30 percent at Rs.544.25.
Major Sensex losers were Hindustan Unilever, down 2.03 percent at Rs.451; Sterlite Inds, down 1.46 percent at Rs.97.70; Tata Steel, down 1.18 percent at Rs.409.65; Infosys, down 1 percent at Rs.2,443.55; ITC, down 0.90 percent at Rs,247.80.
In the Asian region, Japan’s Nikkei was down 0.81 percent while Hong Kong’s Hang Seng index gained 0.21 percent.
- Sensex closes flat (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2012
- RBI measures fail to cheer market, Sensex slips 90 points (Roundup) - Jun 25, 2012
- Sensex falls 64 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks down (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Sensex rises 20 points; metal, auto index up - Aug 08, 2012
- Sensex closes 18 points higher (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex rises 87 points, power, IT stocks up - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex rises 136.55 points; capital goods, banking stocks up - Jun 05, 2012
- Sensex trims gains; auto, oil and gas stocks down (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex down 41 points; realty, health care stocks slump - Jun 21, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex rises 439.22 points; bank, metal stocks up - Jul 02, 2012
- Sensex down 35.68 points, oil and gas stocks fall - May 25, 2012
- Sensex rises 63.33 points; capital goods, banking, realty stocks up - May 21, 2012
- Sensex rises 49 points, realty, oil and gas high (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Sensex surges 117 points, metal, IT stocks up (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
Tags: afternoon session, asian region, asian stock, benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, gas index, hang seng index, hdfc, inds, infosys, national stock exchange, ongc, power index, power stocks, rs 2, sensitive index, sterlite, stock performances, tata power, tata steel