Sensex rises 136.55 points; capital goods, banking stocks upJune 5th, 2012 - 2:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 5 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian equities markets was trading 136.55 points up in the afternoon session Tuesday, led by good buying support in capital goods, banking and power stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 16,065.37 points, was ruling at 16,124.95 points in the afternoon session, up 0.85 percent or 136.55 points from its previous close at 15,988.4 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 16,138.29 points and low of 16,023.44 points in the intra-day trade.
There was good buying support in capital goods, banking and power stocks.
The capital goods index was trading 184.54 points up, the banking index was trading 188.20 points up and the power index was trading 25.85 points up.
SBI rallied 2.80 percent at Rs.2,103.50 and Hindalco was up 2.69 percent at Rs.118.40.
Other major Sensex gainers were Larsen and Toubro, up 2.35 percent at Rs.1,201; Sterlite Indus, up 2.08 percent at Rs.90.95; NTPC, up 2.05 percent at Rs.147.05; BHEL, up 1.86 percent at Rs.210.90; Gail India, up 1.66 percent at Rs.324.80.
Major Sensex losers were DLF, down 1.40 percent at Rs.183.40; Tata Motors, down 1.33 percent at Rs.225.70; Bharti Airtel, down 0.59 percent at Rs.292.90; Tata Power, down 0.55 percent at Rs.89.65; Hindustan Lever, down 0.39 percent at Rs.410.90.
- Sensex rises 63.33 points; capital goods, banking, realty stocks up - May 21, 2012
- Sensex falls on political uncertainty, weak Asian cues - Sep 20, 2012
- Sensex closes 50 points lower on S&P; warning (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Sensex marginally down at 16,878 points - May 08, 2012
- Sensex up 106.32 points; FMCG, oil stocks surge - Jun 19, 2012
- Sensex up 17.31 points in afternoon trade (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Sensex down 119 points; consumer durable, auto stocks fall - May 23, 2012
- Sensex rises 37 points; power, FMCG stocks up - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex down 31 points, banking, realty stocks fall - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex rises 17 points; oil, gas, power stocks up - Jun 26, 2012
- Sensex falls 64 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks down (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Sensex down 87 points as rise in inflation dampens rate cut hopes - Jun 14, 2012
- Sensex rises 47 points; capital goods, power stocks up - Jun 20, 2012
- Sensex closes 67 points down as bearish mood prevails (Roundup) - May 09, 2012
- Sensex closes 105 points lower, realty, bank stocks slump (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
Tags: afternoon session, benchmark index, bharti airtel, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, capital goods, gainers, indus, larsen and toubro, ntpc, power index, power stocks, rs 1, rs 2, rs 90, sbi, sensitive index, tata motors, tata power