Sensex rises 1.3 percent; Rcom, ICICI Bank soar (Lead)May 27th, 2011 - 4:35 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 27 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian equities markets was trading 1.2 percent higher in the afternoon session Friday on the back of strong buying support in banking, realty, energy and metal stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) which opened at 18,105.61 points, was in the last hour of the trade ruling at 18,276.15 points, up 1.28 percent or 231.51 points from its previous close at 18,044.64 points.
The index touched a high of 18,298.64 points and low of 18,087.16 points in the intraday so far. The Sensex had gained 1.1 percent Thursday.
Reliance Communications surged 5.53 percent at Rs.84.90. ICICI Bank soared 4.21 percent at Rs.1,068.80.
The 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was also trading 1.28 percent higehr at 5,481.65 points.
At the broader markets, the BSE midcap index was up 1.44 percent and the smallcap index was ruling 0.88 percent higher.
Most sectoral indices were also in the positive.
- Sensex rallies 221 points; realty, banking stocks gain (Roundup) - May 27, 2011
- Sensex rises in morning trade - May 27, 2011
- Sensex up 166 points; auto, bank, IT stocks soar - Aug 07, 2012
- Sensex rises 1.11 percent; ONGC, Hero Honda soar (Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Sensex rises 120 points; auto, metal stocks up (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Sensex up 222 points, bank, auto and IT stocks rally (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Sensex down 146.58 points during noon trade - May 11, 2012
- Sensex hovers near 16,600; metal, auto stocks rally - Jan 19, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex rises 147.78 points; consumer durables, realty stocks up - Jun 11, 2012
- Sensex down 79 points; consumer durables, auto scrips fall - Aug 10, 2012
- Sensex closes 189 points lower (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Sensex zooms on US stimulus, diesel price hike - Sep 14, 2012
- Sensex continues to trade lacklustre, RIL soars (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex rises 17 points; oil, gas, power stocks up - Jun 26, 2012
Tags: afternoon session, benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, icici bank, intraday, metal stocks, national stock exchange, reliance, rs 1, sectoral indices, sensex, sensitive index, smallcap index