Sensex rises 128 points, IT consumer durable stocks up (Lead)July 19th, 2012 - 4:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 19 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was trading 128 points higher in late afternoon session Thursday, led by firm global cues and good buying in IT, consumer durables, and realty stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,288.34 points, was ruling at 17,313.13 points, up 0.75 percent or 128.12 points from its previous day’s close at 17,185.01 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 0.65 percent higher at 5,250 points.
The BSE IT index was up 105.41 points and so were consumer durable and realty index at 104.22 points and 22.89 points, respectively.
The major Sensex gainers were Infosys, up 3.29 percent at Rs.2,247.45; BHEL, up 2.81 percent at Rs.236.10; Tata Power, up 2.54 percent at Rs.100.90; Sterlite Inds, up 2.47 percent at Rs.105.90 and Hindalco Inds, up 2.16 percent at Rs.123.
The losers were Maruti Suzuki, down 7.89 percent at Rs.1,127.70; Bharti Airtel, down 1.49 percent at Rs.319.75; ONGC, down 0.56 percent at Rs.283.65; ITC, down 0.49 percent at Rs.253.50 and Dr Reddys Lab, down 0.42 percent at Rs.1,665.
European shares were on an 11-week high on strong earnings from companies like Electrolux.
Among other Asian markets, Japan’s Nikkei was 0.79 percent up and Hong Kong’s Hang Seng was 1.66 percent higher. China’s Composite index was also up 0.73 percent.
- Sensex rises 147.78 points; consumer durables, realty stocks up - Jun 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 18 points higher (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex closes 66 points high (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex closes 87 points up (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex closes 43 points high (Second lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex down 79 points; consumer durables, auto scrips fall - Aug 10, 2012
- Sensex trims gains; auto, oil and gas stocks down (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex rises 63 points; consumer durable, realty stocks up - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex rises 40 points; metal, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 04, 2012
- Sensex down; consumer durables, auto stocks fall - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex closes 79 points high (Second Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex rebounds on rupee recovery (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Sensex closes in green, HUL top gainer (Roundup) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex rises 110 points; realty, banking stocks up - Jun 25, 2012
- Sensex slides 156.93 points; consumer durables, realty stocks down - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: afternoon session, asian markets, benchmark index, bharti airtel, bhel, bombay stock exchange, composite index, consumer durables, dr reddys lab, european shares, hang seng, hindalco, inds, maruti suzuki, national stock exchange, ongc, realty stocks, rs 2, sensitive index, tata power