Sensex rises 120 points, FMCG, realty, metal stocks upMay 17th, 2012 - 2:23 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 17 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian equities markets was trading high around 12:30 p.m. Thursday on account of buying activity picking up in fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), realty and metal stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was ruling at 16,150.09 points, up by 0.75 percent or 120 points from its previous close of 16,030.09 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 16,240.18 points and a low of 16,104.64 points in the intra-day trade. The sensex midcap was up 27.64 points but smallcap was down by 38.94 points.
The BSE FMCG index was up 2.04 percent or 93.15 points followed by realty index 1.44 percent or 22.25 points up and metal index up 1.02 percent or 101.71 points.
Major Sensex gainers included ITC, up 2.70 percent at Rs.234.20; DLF, 2.64 percent at Rs.186.35; HDFC, up 2.16 percent at Rs.634.50; Tata Motors, up 2.14 percent at Rs.274.75; Jindal Steel, up 1.77 percent at Rs.459.60.
Major Sensex losers included Cipla, down 2.69 percent at Rs.313.40; Larsen and Toubro, down 1.70 percent at Rs.1185.10; Bajaj Auto, down 1.39 percent at Rs.1594; Sun Pharma, down 1.23 percent at Rs.575.55; and Mahindra and Mahindra, down 0.86 percent at Rs.651.
- Sensex closes flat on weak rupee (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Sensex above 16,000-mark, realty, FMCG stocks fall (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex slides 156.93 points; consumer durables, realty stocks down - Jun 04, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex closes 43 points high (Second lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex rises 40 points; capital goods, FMCG stocks up - Jun 13, 2012
- Sensex down 39 points - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex closes in red (Second Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Sensex closes in red on weak European cues (Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Sensex closes 40 points down on weak industrial data - Aug 09, 2012
- Sensex closes 78 points down (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex closes 16 points down (Second lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex down 41 points; realty, health care stocks slump - Jun 21, 2012
- Sensex closes flat, FMCG, PSU stocks up (Second Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
Tags: benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, gainers, hdfc, itc, larsen and toubro, losers, mahindra and mahindra, metal index, metal stocks, midcap, moving consumer goods, mumbai, sensex, sensitive index, smallcap, sun pharma, tata motors