Sensex rises 111 points, auto and banking stocks upJuly 10th, 2012 - 2:29 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 10 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was Tuesday trading 111 points higher in afternoon trade with good buying in automobile, consumer durable and banking stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which lost over 140 points in the last two sessions, opened at 17,431.68 points and was trading at 17,503 points, up 0.64 percent or 111.02 points from its previous close at 17,391.98 points.
BSE mid-cap was up 49.48 points and small cap was higher by 48.94 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange also was trading 0.63 percent higher at 5,308.20 points.
The BSE automobile index was up 121.27 points, while the consumer durable index and the banking index were 72.63 points and 132.40 points up respectively.
Major Sensex gainers were Tata Motors, up 2.69 points at Rs.246.65; Cipla, up 1.52 percent at Rs.327.25; ICICI Bank, up 1.42 percent at Rs.943; Maruti Suzuki, up 1.35 percent at Rs.1,205 and Larsen and Toubro, up 1.26 percent at Rs.1,406.45.
The main losers were Tata Power, down 0.64 percent at Rs.100.75; NTPC, down 0.53 percent at Rs.158.95; TCS, down 0.40 percent at Rs.1,253.05; Hindustan Unilever, down 0.37 percent at Rs.442 and Wipro, 0.23 percent down at Rs.385.
On the Asian front, Japan’s Nikkei was down 0.44 percent, while Hong Kong’s Hang Seng was up 0.12 percent. China’s Shanghai Composite index fell 0.29 percent.
- Sensex trims gains; auto, oil and gas stocks down (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex rises 63 points; consumer durable, realty stocks up - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex down; consumer durables, auto stocks fall - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex falls 126 points on weak rupee and global cues (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Sensex closes 111.32 points higher, auto stocks rally - Apr 19, 2012
- Sensex up 100 points on firm Asian cues - Aug 23, 2012
- Sensex rises 40 points; metal, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 04, 2012
- Sensex tanks 324 points in noon trade - May 16, 2012
- Sensex down 119 points; consumer durable, auto stocks fall - May 23, 2012
- Sensex down 35.68 points, oil and gas stocks fall - May 25, 2012
- Sensex tanks 244 points as RBI keeps rates unchanged (Roundup) - Jun 18, 2012
- Sensex gains 146 points, auto banking stocks up (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex falls 86 points on profit booking - Jun 08, 2012
- Sensex down 55 points, oil and gas, metal stocks slump (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
Tags: afternoon trade, benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, cipla, consumer durable, gainers, hang seng, larsen and toubro, maruti suzuki, mid cap, national stock exchange, ntpc, rs 1, sensitive index, shanghai composite index, tata motors, tata power, unilever, wipro