Sensex rises 110 points; realty, banking stocks upJune 25th, 2012 - 2:18 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 25 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was trading 0.65 percent higher in the afternoon session Monday ahead of the announcement of measures to improve the market conditions.
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee had Saturday said he was concerned over signs of weakness in the Indian economy, adding that the central government would soon unveil measures to improve market conditions.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,038.77 points, was trading at 17,083.12 points in the afternoon session, up 0.65 percent or 110.61 points from its previous close at 16,972.51 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was trading 0.63 percent higher at 5,178.30 points.
The bullish market sentiment was lifted further as the rating agency Moody’s maintained stable outlook on India’s sovereign rating.
The BSE consumer durable index was up 76.43 points, the realty index was up 18.10 points and the banking index was up 123.41 points.
Major Sensex gainers were Maruti Suzuki, up 2.32 percent at Rs.1,126.95; Gail India, up 2.10 percent at Rs.348; Coal India, up 1.72 percent at Rs.343.40; Tata Power, up 1.54 percent at Rs.95.85 and ICICI Bank, up 1.51 percent at Rs.864.90.
The only four Sensex losers were Hindalco Inds, down 0.81 percent at Rs.116.30; ONGC, down 0.57 percent at Rs.277.80; TCS, down 0.22 percent at Rs.1,231; Infosys, down 0.01 percent at Rs.2,474.95.
- Sensex tanks 281 points (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Sensex rises over 100 points, oil and gas, banking stocks up (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Sensex rises 136.55 points; capital goods, banking stocks up - Jun 05, 2012
- Sensex rises 25.63 points; capital goods, health care stocks up - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex up 222 points, bank, auto and IT stocks rally (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Sensex slumps 126 points on weak global cues (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Sensex closes 17 points down on growth worries (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
- Sensex closes 45 points down, realty, oil and gas stocks fall (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Sensex above 16,000-mark, realty, FMCG stocks fall (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Sensex rises 97 points, IT stocks up - Aug 21, 2012
- Sensex rises 147.78 points; consumer durables, realty stocks up - Jun 11, 2012
- Sensex up 100 points on firm Asian cues - Aug 23, 2012
- Sensex falls 147 percent, metal, power stocks slump - Jul 09, 2012
- Sensex rises 128 points, IT consumer durable stocks up (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex closes 85 points up, Bharti drags (Roundup) - Feb 08, 2012
Tags: afternoon session, agency moody, benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bullish market, coal india, finance minister, indian economy, inds, infosys, market sentiment, maruti suzuki, national stock exchange, ongc, points realty, pranab mukherjee, rs 2, sensitive index, stable outlook, tata power