Sensex rises 104 points, consumer durable, IT stocks upJuly 19th, 2012 - 3:01 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 19 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was trading 104 points higher in the afternoon session Thursday, led by good buying in consumer durables, IT, power stocks and positive Asian cues.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,288.34 points, was ruling at 17,289.03 points, up 0.61 percent or 104.02 points from its previous day’s close at 17,185.01 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 0.54 percent higher at 5,244.30 points.
The major Sensex gainers were Infosys, up 3 percent at Rs.2,241; BHEL, up 2.61 percent at Rs.235.65; Bajaj Auto, up 2.29 percent at Rs.1,557.15; Tata Power, up 2.13 percent at Rs.100.50; and Tata Motors, up 2.05 percent at Rs.226.10.
The losers were Maruti Suzuki, down 7.67 percent at Rs.1,130.40; Bharti Airtel, down 2.09 percent at Rs.317.80; Dr Reddys Lab, down 0.72 percent at Rs.1,660; ITC, down 0.47 percent at Rs.253.55; and SBI, down 0.32 percent at Rs.2,178.90.
Among other Asian markets, Japan’s Nikkei was 0.79 percent up and Hong Kong’s Hang Seng was 1.60 percent higher. China’s Composite index was also up 0.73 percent.
- Sensex closes 87 points up (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex rises 128 points, IT consumer durable stocks up (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex ends 93 points higher; IT, consumer durable stocks up( Roundup) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex closes 79 points high (Second Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex rises 80 points, metal, capital goods stocks up (Roundup) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex down 82 points as bank, oil and gas stocks tumble - Jul 20, 2012
- Day after rally, Sensex closes flat (Roundup) - Jan 11, 2012
- Sensex down 168 points - Aug 03, 2012
- Sensex ends in green; FMCG, auto stocks rally (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Sensex rises 47 points; capital goods, power stocks up - Jun 20, 2012
- Sensex climbs 119 points; SBI, RIL rally (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Sensex down 31.93 points (Lead, correcting figures in Paras 1 and 2) - Jul 02, 2012
- Sensex closes 66 points high (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex down 75 points, Jindal Steel slumps (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Sensex rises 100 points; TCS, Wipro surge - Apr 24, 2012
Tags: afternoon session, asian markets, benchmark index, bharti airtel, bhel, bombay stock exchange, composite index, consumer durable, consumer durables, dr reddys lab, hang seng, maruti suzuki, national stock exchange, power stocks, rs 1, rs 2, sbi, sensitive index, tata motors, tata power