Sensex recovers initial losses, trading flat (Lead)August 22nd, 2012 - 4:28 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 22 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was trading flat in late afternoon trade Wednesday recouping the early day losses.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,827.25 points, was ruling at 17,887.14 points, 0.01 percent or 1.88 points up from its previous day’s close at 17,885.26 points.
It was trading 37.45 points lower in early afternoon trade.
The Sensex touched a high of 17,895.79 points and a low of 17,800.29 points in intra-day trade.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 0.04 percent up at 5,422.90 points.
The BSE health care index was up 59.88 points. And so were the auto index, up 40.01 points, and the metal index, up 39.63 points.
The major Sensex gainers were Dr Reddys Lab, up 2.01 percent at Rs.1,692.45, Hindalco Inds 1.34 percent at Rs.113.80, Hero MotoCorp, up 1.01 percent at Rs.1,938.20, Bajaj Auto, up 0.96 percent at Rs.1,728.50; and Sun Pharma, up 0.91 percent at Rs.672.85.
The main Sensex losers were Bharti Airtel, down 3.21 percent at Rs.250.35, Gail India, down 1.12 percent at Rs.365.70, NTPC, down 1.06 percent at Rs.171.95, Tata Power, down 1.05 percent at Rs.98.75; and HDFC, down 0.81 percent at Rs.727.
Among other Asian markets, Japan’s Nikkei was down 0.27 percent while Shanghai’s composite index was trading 0.50 percent lower. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng was also down 1.06 percent.
- Sensex down 37.45 points, capital goods, power scrips fall - Aug 22, 2012
- Sensex 80 points high on strong global cues - Sep 06, 2012
- Sensex up 100 points on firm Asian cues - Aug 23, 2012
- Sensex closes 81 points higher as August derivatives end (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Sensex closes 33 points higher on strong global cues (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- Sensex gains 66 points in special trading - Sep 08, 2012
- Sensex rises 37 points; power, FMCG stocks up - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex closes 55 points down, realty, banking stocks lower (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Sensex ends 38 points down; Bharti Airtel drops 3.85 percent (Roundup) - Aug 22, 2012
- Sensex 52 points up; IT, power stocks high (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex closes almost 95 points up (Second Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Sensex rises 110 points; realty, banking stocks up - Jun 25, 2012
- Sensex closes 105 points lower, realty, bank stocks slump (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex trades flat after early gains (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Sensex rises 128 points, IT consumer durable stocks up (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
Tags: 1 728, afternoon trade, airtel, asian markets, auto index, benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, composite index, dr reddys lab, early afternoon, hdfc, health care index, inds, metal index, national stock exchange, ntpc, rs 250, sensitive index, sun pharma, tata power