Sensex rallies 300 points; auto, FMCG stocks surgeJune 6th, 2012 - 2:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 6 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian equities markets was trading 300.38 points up in the afternoon session Wednesday owing to the stabilising rupee and good buying support in automobile, fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) and metal stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 16,100.36 points, was ruling at 16,321.02 points in the afternoon session, up 1.87 percent or 300.38 points from its previous close at 16,020.64 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 16,322.17 points and low of 16,100.36 points in the intra-day trade.
The rupee recovered by 16 paise to 55.48 against the US dollar.
The automobile index was trading 264.90 points up, the FMCG index was trading 124.16 points up and the metal index was trading 237.32 points up.
Hero MotoCorp rallied 4.68 percent at Rs.1,953.05; Tata Motors was up 4.65 percent at Rs.231.85; ITC, was up by 3.90 percent at Rs.234.65.
Other major Sensex gainers were Sterlite Inds, up 3.50 percent at Rs.93.10; Jindal Steel, up 3.40 percent at Rs.427; Maruti Suzuki, up 2.86 percent at Rs.1,109.50; Hindalco Inds, up 2.65 percent at Rs.120.25; Hindustan Unilever, up 2.65 percent at Rs.418.90; Tata Steel, up 2.61 percent at Rs.408.90.
- Sensex trades flat, auto, banking stocks down (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Sensex down 26.45 points on selling pressure - May 22, 2012
- Sensex closes 78 points down (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex down 39 points - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex falls 64 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks down (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Sensex closes 43 points high (Second lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex gains 66 points in special trading - Sep 08, 2012
- Sensex closes 129 points down on weak European cues (Roundup) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex slides 156.93 points; consumer durables, realty stocks down - Jun 04, 2012
- Sensex up 106.32 points; FMCG, oil stocks surge - Jun 19, 2012
- Sensex closes below 16,000-mark amid growth worries (Round-up) - Jun 01, 2012
- Sensex bounces back, closes 112 points up (Lead) - May 15, 2012
- Sensex closes 18 points higher (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex closes 37 points up (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex closes 153.97 points up; FMCG, oil stocks surge (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: afternoon session, benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, fmcg stocks, gainers, inds, itc, maruti suzuki, metal index, metal stocks, moving consumer goods, paise, rs 1, rs 120, rupee, sensitive index, tata motors, tata steel, unilever