Sensex opens in the greenJune 3rd, 2009 - 11:42 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 3 (IANS) A key index of the Indian equities markets rose soon after the opening bell Wednesday, climbing over 100 points within five minutes.
The benchmark index of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), the Sensex, opened at 14,902.62 points, above Tuesday’s close of 14,874.91. Within five minutes, it had risen to 14,983.98 points, 109.07 points or 0.7 percent above the last close.
At the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) stood at 4,550 points, 0.55 percent above its last close.
Broader market indices were doing a tad better, with the BSE midcap index rising 1.16 percent from its previous close, while the BSE smallcap index was up 1.35 percent.
- Sensex pares early losses - Oct 20, 2010
- Sensex gains 66 points in special trading - Sep 08, 2012
- Sensex ends 93 points higher; IT, consumer durable stocks up( Roundup) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex rises 97 points, IT stocks up - Aug 21, 2012
- Late rally helps Sensex move up 147 points (Roundup) - Jul 19, 2011
- Sensex starts off week with negative bias - Jun 13, 2011
- Sensex closes 76 points lower (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Markets closed on account of Ram Navmi - Apr 12, 2011
- Sensex closes 172 points lower (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Sensex dips sharply, down 91 points (Second Lead) - Jun 03, 2009
- Sensex slips into red in choppy trade - Dec 27, 2011
- Sensex lacklustre, Asian cues negative - Jan 17, 2011
- Indian equities markets flat, capital goods in the red (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Sensex rises in afternoon trade, capital goods scrips lead - Mar 21, 2012
- Sensex closes 224 points higher (Lead) - Jan 18, 2011