Sensex, Nifty hit upper circuit, trading haltedMay 18th, 2009 - 12:55 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, May 18 (ANI): Markets on Monday hailed the return of the ruling United Progressive Alliance’s (UPA) to power with the Bombay Stock Exchange’s (BSE) Sensex and National Stock Exchange’s Nifty hitting the upper circuit, following which trading was halted for an hour.
The BSE Sensex opened on 1,305.97 points or 10.73 percent at 13,479.39, while the NSE’s Nifty was locked at 4203.30, higher by 14.48 per cent or 531.65 points.
All major sector-indices were in the positive zone.
It is for the first time that the Sensex has hit the upper circuit of 10 percent. (ANI)
- Stock markets closed for an hour after huge jump - May 18, 2009
- Trading halted further as markets surge (Lead) - May 18, 2009
- Indian markets toast UPA win as sharp surge halts trading (Third Lead) - May 18, 2009
- Indian markets toast poll verdict as surge halts trading (Roundup) - May 18, 2009
- Sensex rises 47 points; capital goods, power stocks up - Jun 20, 2012
- Sensex up 106.32 points; FMCG, oil stocks surge - Jun 19, 2012
- Sensex closes 134 points down on weak global cues (Second Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Sensex down 168 points - Aug 03, 2012
- Sensex rises 147.78 points; consumer durables, realty stocks up - Jun 11, 2012
- Sensex falls 64 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks down (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Sensex gains 59 points - Mar 19, 2010
- Sensex closes 315 points higher (Second Lead) - Nov 01, 2010
- Sensex closes almost 95 points up (Second Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Sensex closes 24 points up - Aug 17, 2012
- Sensex slips in early trade - Nov 30, 2010