Sensex moves up from intra-day lows, closes 25 points down (Lead)January 21st, 2011 - 5:14 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai Jan 21 (IANS) A benchmark index for an Indian equities market Friday pared some of its intra-day lows to close a tepid day about 25 points lower.The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 19,007.08 points, closed at 19,021.46 points (provisional) — 25.08 points or 0.13 percent down from its previous close at 19,046.54 points.
The 50-scrip S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange ended at 5,695.95 points, 15.65 points or 0.27 percent lower.
Broader markets nudged higher with the BSE midcap index closing 0.25 percent up and the BSE smallcap index ending 0.47 percent higher.
- Sensex flat in noon trade - Jan 21, 2011
- Markets end lacklustre, Sensex closes 39 points lower (Roundup) - Jan 21, 2011
- Sensex sheds early gains, down 16 points (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- Sensex closes flat amid volatility (Second Lead) - Jan 06, 2012
- Sensex falls 57 points, metal consumer durable stocks down (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex closes 68 points up (Lead) - Jan 20, 2011
- Sensex closes 338 points down (Second Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Sensex continues to trade lacklustre, RIL soars (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex in see-saw trade, consumer durables, realty stocks up - Mar 27, 2012
- Sensex ruling moderately higher as rate cut hopes fade - Mar 12, 2012
- Day after rally, Sensex takes a breather - Sep 28, 2011
- Sensex in red, energy banking scrips under pressure - Jan 16, 2012
- Sensex closes 154 points lower (Second Lead) - Dec 15, 2010
- Sensex pares some losses, closes 148 points down - Oct 20, 2011
- Sensex pares losses, closes 142 points down (Lead) - Dec 19, 2011