Sensex in see-saw trade, consumer durables, realty stocks upMarch 27th, 2012 - 2:07 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 27 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian equities markets was trading in the green around Tuesday noon amid positive Asian cues and volatility.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,209.13 points, was ruling at 17,113.94 points around 12.20 p.m., up 61.16 points or 0.36 percent compared to its previous close at 17,052.78 points.
The Sensex had risen to an intra-day high of 17,230.34 points and a low of 17,061.16 points.
The 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange also was trading higher at 5,203.90 points, up 19.65 points or 0.38 percent from its previous close.
Broader markets were quiet with the BSE 500 index trading 0.25 percent up. The BSE midcap index was ruling 0.26 percent lower, while the BSE small cap index was flat.
Consumer durables, realty and FMCG stocks were among the main gainers, while power scrips closed in the red.
The market breadth was negative with 1,047 stocks advancing, 1,499 on the decline and 144 remaining unchanged.
Asian markets were trading higher after US Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said that he would maintain an easy monetary policy as the US economy was still fragile.
The Japanese Nikkei index closed 2.36 percent up at 10,255.15 points.
Hong Kong’s index was also ruling 1.65 percent up at 21,009.5 points, while the Chinese Shanghai Composite index was trading 0.16 percent up at 2,354.37 points.
- Sensex rises 204 points on short covering, tax clarity (Roundup) - Mar 27, 2012
- Sensex slips to two-month low over tax issues (Roundup) - Mar 26, 2012
- Sensex weak, IT, capital goods under selling pressure - Mar 19, 2012
- Sensex holds on to gains, but slips from 18,000 - Feb 29, 2012
- Sensex falls 58 points; IT, metal stocks slump - Apr 10, 2012
- Sensex ruling moderately higher as rate cut hopes fade - Mar 12, 2012
- Sensex off day's highs, holding in green - Mar 20, 2012
- Benchmark indices subdued, midcaps rise - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex starts week on strong footing - Feb 06, 2012
- Sensex quiet in morning trade - Jan 04, 2012
- Sensex ruling in green; realty, consumer durables gain - Mar 06, 2012
- Sensex rises in afternoon trade, capital goods scrips lead - Mar 21, 2012
- Sensex up 100 points on firm Asian cues - Aug 23, 2012
- Sensex slips after touching 18,000 points - Mar 14, 2012
- Sensex down 58 points, realty, banks stocks slump (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
Tags: asian markets, benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, cap index, consumer durables, federal reserve chairman, federal reserve chairman ben bernanke, fmcg stocks, gainers, index trading, market breadth, midcap index, national stock exchange, nikkei index, realty stocks, scrips, sensitive index, shanghai composite index, small cap