Sensex hovers near 16,600; metal, auto stocks rallyJanuary 19th, 2012 - 3:14 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 19 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian equities markets was hovering near 16,600 points with gain of nearly one percent Thursday afternoon on the back of good buying support in metal, auto and banking stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Excahange (BSE), which opened in the positive at 16,573.87 points, was ruling at 16,595.93 points at around 1.30 pm, up 0.88 percent or 144.46 points from its previous close at 16,451.47 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 16,662.06 points and low of 16,572.10 in the intra-day trade.
The 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 0.88 percent or 43.70 points higher at 4,999.50 points.
There was good buying support in realty, metal and banking stocks. The BSE realty index was up 2.90 percent and the metal index was ruling nearly two percent higher.
- Sensex rises 192 points to a near six-week high (Roundup) - Jan 19, 2012
- Sensex rises 1.3 percent; Rcom, ICICI Bank soar (Lead) - May 27, 2011
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex rises 147.78 points; consumer durables, realty stocks up - Jun 11, 2012
- Sensex closes dull, IT, metal stocks lose (Second Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex up 222 points, bank, auto and IT stocks rally (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Sensex closes 138 points lower, ignores positive global cues - Aug 25, 2011
- Indian equities shoot up in morning trade - Jan 03, 2012
- RIL soars but fails to enthuse Sensex (Roundup) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex up 166 points; auto, bank, IT stocks soar - Aug 07, 2012
- Sensex climbs 2 percent; realty, auto stocks soar - Oct 10, 2011
- Sensex rises 120 points, FMCG, realty, metal stocks up - May 17, 2012
- Sensex holds on to gains broader indices flat (Lead) - May 24, 2011
- Sensex slumps 389 points on reform concerns - Dec 08, 2011
- Hit by late selling, Sensex nosedives 144 points (Lead) - Aug 25, 2010