Sensex gains 66 points in special tradingSeptember 8th, 2012 - 4:06 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 8 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets gained 66 points higher in a special trading session Saturday.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,701.07 points, closed at 17,749.65 points, 0.37 percent or 65.92 points up from its previous day’s close at 17,683.73 points.
The 90-minute special session was conducted to test BSE’s disaster recovery software. The volume of trade looked thin as it was not a working day for most brokerages and foreign institutional investors.
The Sensex touched a high of 17,773.15 points and a low of 17,694.83 points in trade.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange closed 0.31 percent up at 5,358.70 points.
On the sectoral front, the BSE health care index was up 91.77 points, metal index was up 94.61 points and the consumer durable index was up 48.27 points.
The major Sensex gainers were Cipla, up 2.65 percent at Rs.390.75; Dr Reddys Lab, up 2.20 percent at Rs.1,734; Sterlite Inds, up 1.92 percent at Rs.98.30; Hindalco Inds, up 1.62 percent at Rs.106.85; Jindal Steel, up 1.35 percent at Rs.352.20.
The losers were BHEL, down 1.15 percent at Rs.202.50; NTPC, down 0.55 percent at Rs.171.05; Bharti Airtel, down 0.39 percent at Rs.254.55; Coal India,down 0.22 percent at Rs.360.35 and TCS, down 0.20 percent at Rs.1,383.10.
- Sensex down almost 75 points - Aug 02, 2012
- Sensex rises 128 points, IT consumer durable stocks up (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex closes 38 points down (Second Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Sensex rises over 100 points, oil and gas, banking stocks up (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Sensex closes 194 points up; IT, power stocks rise (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Sensex down 39 points - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex closes 129 points down on weak European cues (Roundup) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex down 79 points; consumer durables, auto scrips fall - Aug 10, 2012
- Sensex trades flat, auto, banking stocks down (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Sensex closes 18 points higher (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex rises 110 points; realty, banking stocks up - Jun 25, 2012
- Sensex down 26.45 points on selling pressure - May 22, 2012
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex closes 47 points down, metal, capital goods stocks slump (Roundup) - Aug 28, 2012
- Sensex slips after RBI policy action, trading 70 points down - Jul 31, 2012
Tags: benchmark index, bharti airtel, bombay stock exchange, brokerages, bse, coal india, disaster recovery software, dr reddys lab, foreign institutional investors, gainers, health care index, inds, metal index, national stock exchange, ntpc, rs 1, sensitive index, special session, tcs, trading session