Sensex gains 146 points, auto banking stocks up (Lead)July 10th, 2012 - 3:58 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 10 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets Tuesday rose 146 points in afternoon trade with more buying in automobile, consumer durable and banking stocks.
It was trading over 79 points in the early trade.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,431.68 points and was trading at 17,538.45, around 2 p.m., up 0.84 percent or 146.47 points from its previous close at 17,391.98 points.
The BSE mid-cap was up 56.27 points and small cap was higher by 46.95 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange also was trading 0.84 percent higher at 5,319.55 points.
The BSE automobile index was up 140.29 points, while the consumer durable index and the banking index were 75.03 points and 138.31 points up respectively.
Major Sensex gainers were Tata Motors, up 2.52 points at Rs.246.25; Jindal Steel, up 1.92 percent at Rs.452; Maruti Suzuki, up 1.90 percent at Rs.1,211.60; Dr Reddys Lab, up 1.47 percent at Rs.1,666.90; Larsen and Toubro, up 1.45 percent at Rs.1,409.
The main losers were NTPC, down 0.94 percent at Rs.158.30; Tata Power, down 0.59 percent at Rs.100.80; Hindustan Unilever, down 0.41 percent at Rs.441.85; Tata Steel, down 0.13 percent at Rs.436.50 and Wipro, down 0.08 percent Rs.385.60.
Among other Asian markets, Japan’s Nikkei closed 0.44 percent down, while Hong Kong’s Hang Seng closed 0.16 percent lower. China’s Shanghai Composite index fell 0.29 percent.
- Sensex closes 148 points down (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Sensex down 119 points; consumer durable, auto stocks fall - May 23, 2012
- Sensex rises 40 points; metal, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 04, 2012
- Sensex trims gains; auto, oil and gas stocks down (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex falls 86 points on profit booking - Jun 08, 2012
- Sensex down; consumer durables, auto stocks fall - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex down 35.68 points, oil and gas stocks fall - May 25, 2012
- Sensex rises 111 points, auto and banking stocks up - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex falls 57 points, metal consumer durable stocks down (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex closes 17 points down on growth worries (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
- Sensex closes 51 points higher as August derivatives end (Roundup) - Aug 30, 2012
- Sensex tanks 244 points as RBI keeps rates unchanged (Roundup) - Jun 18, 2012
- Sensex closes 60 points down (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Sensex falls 147 percent, metal, power stocks slump - Jul 09, 2012
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,