Sensex falls 64 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks down (Lead)June 26th, 2012 - 4:53 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 26 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian equities markets was trading 64 points down Tuesday. FMCG, consumer durable and metal stocks were among the underperformers.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 16,873.09 points, was trading at 16,817.45 points around 2:45 p.m., down 0.38 percent or 64.79 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was trading 0.27 percent lower at 5,100.90 points.
The BSE FMCG index was down 59.25 points, the consumer durable index was down 63.55 points and the metal index down 80.21 points.
Major Sensex losers were Hindustan Unilever, down 2.30 percent at Rs.449.75; Tata Steel, down 1.91 percent at Rs.406.65; Sterlite Inds, down 1.51 percent at Rs.97.65; ITC, down 1.32 percent at Rs.246.75; Bharti Airtel, down 1.20 percent at Rs.305.
Major Sensex gainers were Gail India, up 2.40 percent at Rs.351.70; ONGC, up 1.43 percent at Rs.276.85; TCS, up 1.07 percent at Rs.1,228.70; Tata Power, up 1.06 percent at Rs.94.90 and Sun Pharma, up 0.69 percent at Rs.613.55.
- Sensex slides 156.93 points; consumer durables, realty stocks down - Jun 04, 2012
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex down 39 points - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex closes 43 points high (Second lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex above 16,000-mark, realty, FMCG stocks fall (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Sensex falls 58 points; IT, metal stocks slump - Apr 10, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex rises 17 points; oil, gas, power stocks up - Jun 26, 2012
- Sensex closes 78 points down (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex rises 75 points; FMCG, consumer durables up (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex ends in green; FMCG, auto stocks rally (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Sensex closes in green, HUL top gainer (Roundup) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex closes 71 points down, FMCG, metal stocks plummet (Roundup) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex off day's highs, holding in green - Mar 20, 2012
Tags: benchmark index, bharti airtel, bombay stock exchange, bse, gainers, hindustan, inds, itc, metal index, metal stocks, national stock exchange, ongc, rs 1, rs 449, sensitive index, sun pharma, tata power, tata steel, tcs, unilever