Sensex down; consumer durables, auto stocks fallJuly 18th, 2012 - 1:55 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 18 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was trading 2 points down in the afternoon session Wednesday, led by selling pressure in automobile, consumer durables and oil and gas stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,113.37 points, was ruling at 17,102.64 points, down 0.02 percent or 2.66 points from its previous day’s close at 17,105.30 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 0.04 percent higher at 5,195 points.
The major Sensex losers were: Tata Motors, down 1.68 percent at Rs.222.10; NTPC, down 1.11 percent at Rs.156.50; BHEL, down 0.99 percent at Rs.224; Hero MotoCorp, down 0.97 percent at Rs.2,078.40; Mahindra & Mahindra, down 0.92 percent at Rs.702.20.
The major Sensex gainers were: Tata Power, up 2.51 percent at Rs.98.20; Bajaj Auto, up 1.79 percent at Rs.1,473; Coal India, up 1.31 percent at Rs.358.90; Sterlite Inds, up 1.24 percent at Rs.102.15; and Wipro, up 1.09 percent at Rs.366.30.
- Sensex closes 79 points high (Second Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex rises 66 points; metal, IT stocks up (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex rises 80 points, metal, capital goods stocks up (Roundup) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex rises 37 points; power, FMCG stocks up - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex down 41 points; realty, health care stocks slump - Jun 21, 2012
- Sensex down 87 points as rise in inflation dampens rate cut hopes - Jun 14, 2012
- Sensex down 35.68 points, oil and gas stocks fall - May 25, 2012
- Sensex rises 120 points, FMCG, realty, metal stocks up - May 17, 2012
- Sensex up 100 points on firm Asian cues - Aug 23, 2012
- Sensex rises 40 points; capital goods, FMCG stocks up - Jun 13, 2012
- Sensex rises 97 points, IT stocks up - Aug 21, 2012
- Sensex trims gains; auto, oil and gas stocks down (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex rises 87 points, power, IT stocks up - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex closes 40 points down on weak industrial data - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: afternoon session, auto stocks, benchmark index, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, coal india, consumer durables, gainers, gas stocks, inds, national stock exchange, ntpc, rs 1, rs 2, sensex, sensitive index, tata motors, tata power, wipro