Sensex down almost 15 points, auto, banking stocks downAugust 13th, 2012 - 3:28 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 13 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was trading almost 15 points down Monday afternoon after auto, banking and FMCG stocks came under intense selling.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,551.69 points, was ruling at 17,543.05 points, 0.08 percent or 14.69 points down from its previous day’s close at 17,557.74 points.
The BSE auto index was down 65.60 points, followed by banking index, down 56.33 points, and FMCG index down 5.91 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 0.08 percent down at 5,316.05 points.
The main Sensex losers were Tata Motors, down 2.46 percent at Rs.226.30; Hindalco Inds, down 2.08 percent at Rs.120.25; Hero MotoCorp, down 1.47 percent at Rs.1,886.15; ICICI Bank, down 1.18 percent at Rs.943.40; and Tata Steel, down 1.14 percent at Rs.395.85.
The major gainers were Maruti Suzuki, up 2.28 percent at Rs.1,190; Bharti Airtel, up 1.70 percent at Rs.260.10; HDFC, up 1.63 percent at Rs.701; and Sterlite Inds, up 1.31 percent at Rs.112.45.
- Sensex trades flat, auto, banking stocks down (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Sensex closes 80 points up, on SBI and rupee shows (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex rises 52 points health care, FMCG stocks up (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex closes 129 points down on weak European cues (Roundup) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex down 82 points as bank, oil and gas stocks tumble - Jul 20, 2012
- Sensex closes 37 points up (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex rises 17 points; oil, gas, power stocks up - Jun 26, 2012
- Sensex down 19 points; auto, oil and gas stocks fall (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex closes 148 points down (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Sensex rallies 300 points; auto, FMCG stocks surge - Jun 06, 2012
- Sensex rises 41 points; health care, FMCG stocks up - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex sheds early gains, down 16 points (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- Sensex closes 34 points high, FMCG, IT stocks up (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Sensex closes flat; SBI down over 4 percent (Roundup) - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: auto index, benchmark index, bharti airtel, bombay stock exchange, bse, fmcg stocks, gainers, hdfc, inds, losers, maruti suzuki, monday afternoon, mumbai, national stock exchange, rs 1, rs 120, sensitive index, sterlite, tata motors, tata steel