Sensex down 82.04 points; auto, bank, capital goods stocks slideMay 30th, 2012 - 3:13 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 30 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian equities markets was trading 82.04 points down around 1.00 p.m. Wednesday, led by selling pressure in auto, bank and capital goods stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened in the negative at 16,391.90 points, was ruling at 16,356.54 points — 82.04 points or 0.50 percent down from its previous close at 16,438.58 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 16,391.90 points and low of 16,299.53 points in the intra-day trade.
The wide-based 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 0.63 percent or 31.65 points lower at 4,958.45 points.
There was a heavy buying pressure on auto, bank and capital goods stocks. Auto index was down 332.08 points, followed by bank index down 160.03 points, and capital goods fell by 111.21 points.
Major Sensex losers included Tata Motors, down 27.65 points at Rs. 248.25; BHEL down 5.25 points at Rs.212.55; DLF down 3 points at Rs.185.10; State Bank of India (SBI) down 32.80 points at Rs.2,087.50; and Tata Steel down 6.10 points at Rs.409.70.
Only 12 of the the 30 Sensex scrips were in positive. These included Tata Power up 1.15 points at Rs.94.10; Sun Pharma up 1.16 points at Rs.572.20; Maruti Suzuki up 12 points at Rs.1,139; Wipro up 4.25 points at Rs.413.60; and ITC up 1.80 points at Rs.233.
- Sensex falls 126 points on weak rupee and global cues (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Sensex falls below 17,000 points (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- Sensex rises 100 points; auto, IT stocks rally - May 29, 2012
- Sensex tanks 298 points, metal, auto stocks fall (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Sensex loses 367 points; IT, bank, auto stocks hit (Roundup) - May 08, 2012
- Sensex rallies 226 points on European cues (Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex slides 190.89 points; auto, bank stocks down - May 31, 2012
- Sensex marginally down at 16,878 points - May 08, 2012
- Sensex down 79 points; consumer durables, auto scrips fall - Aug 10, 2012
- Sensex falls 302 points, banking stocks slump - May 07, 2012
- Sensex jumps 304 points ahead of RBI policy review (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Sensex down almost 75 points - Aug 02, 2012
- Sensex rises 63.33 points; capital goods, banking, realty stocks up - May 21, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex slides 320 points to close below 17,000 (Roundup) - May 04, 2012
Tags: auto bank, auto index, bank index, bank of india, benchmark index, bhel, bombay stock exchange, capital goods, dlf, national stock exchange, rs 2, sbi, sensex, sensitive index, state bank of india, sun pharma, tata motors, tata power, tata steel, wipro