Sensex down 58 points, realty, banks stocks slump (Lead)August 27th, 2012 - 4:12 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 27 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was trading 58 points lower in late afternoon trade Monday after heavy selling in realty, bank and power stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,769.44 points, was ruling at 17,724.63 points, 0.33 percent or 58.58 points down from its previous day’s close at 17,783.21 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 17,820.07 points and a low of 17,701.55 points in intra-day trade.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 0.36 percent down at 5,367.15 points.
The BSE realty index was down 19.74 points. And so were banking index, down 140.31 points, and the power index, down 19.50 points.
The main Sensex losers were Jindal Steel, down 4.88 percent at Rs.378.25; Maruti Suzuki, down 1.93 percent at Rs.1,167.25; SBI, down 1.86 percent at Rs.1,859.50; BHEL, down 1.84 percent at Rs.226.90; and Tata Power, down 1.37 percent at Rs.97.
The major gainers were Mahindra and Mahindra, up 1.43 percent at Rs.773.40; Bharti Airtel, up 1.27 percent at Rs.251.15; Cipla, up 0.86 percent at Rs.370.05; RIL, up 0.75 percent at Rs.788; and Hindustan Unilever, up 0.63 percent at Rs.522.10.
Among other Asian markets, Japan’s Nikkei was up 0.16 percent while Shanghai’s composite index was trading 1.74 percent lower. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng was down 0.41 percent.
- Sensex closes 105 points lower, realty, bank stocks slump (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex down 31 points, banking, realty stocks fall - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex closes 104 points down, realty, bank stocks slump (Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex up 100 points on firm Asian cues - Aug 23, 2012
- Sensex rises 120 points, FMCG, realty, metal stocks up - May 17, 2012
- Sensex closes flat, oil and gas, auto stocks down (Second Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Sensex trims gains; auto, oil and gas stocks down (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex closes 74 points down, realty, oil & gas stocks slump - Sep 03, 2012
- Sensex down 37 points, oil and gas, auto stocks fall (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Sensex up 76.94 points (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Sensex tanks 223 points, Infosys down 9 percent - Jul 12, 2012
- Sensex closes in red on weak European cues (Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Sensex closes 17 points down on growth worries (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
- Sensex up 144 points in noon trade - May 10, 2012
- Sensex down 55 points, oil and gas, metal stocks slump (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
Tags: afternoon trade, airtel, asian markets, benchmark index, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, cipla, composite index, hang seng, hindustan, national stock exchange, points realty, power index, power stocks, ril, rs 1, sbi, sensitive index, tata power