Sensex down 41 points; realty, health care stocks slumpJune 21st, 2012 - 2:38 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 21 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian equities markets was trading 0.24 percent down Thursday afternoon due to profit-booking by speculators following recent gains.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was ruling at 16,855.60 points - 41.03 points or 0.24 percent down from its previous close at 16,896.63 points - around 12.30 p.m.
The Sensex touched a high of 16,855.60 points and low of 16,855.60 points in the intra-day trade.
The realty index was down by 1.18 points, the health care index by 5.43 points and the capital goods index by 10.94 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) too was trading 0.36 percent lower at 5,102.30 points.
Major Sensex losers included RIL, down 3.34 percent at Rs.713; TCS, down 2.54 percent at Rs.1,220.20; Hindalco Inds, down 1.55 percent at Rs.120.50; Mahindra & Mahindra, down 1.24 percent at Rs.686; and Maruti Suzuki, down 1.04 percent at Rs.1,067.20.
Major Sensex gainers included BHEL, up 2.47 percent at Rs.220.30; ONGC, up 1.30 percent at Rs.276.25; Tata Power, up 1.19 percent at Rs.93.60; Hero MotoCorp, up 1.15 percent at Rs.2,056; and Larsen and Toubro, up 1.09 percent at Rs.1,356.45.
- Sensex above 17,000, JP Morgan upgrades Indian stocks (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Sensex closes in green, HUL top gainer (Roundup) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex up 144 points in noon trade - May 10, 2012
- Sensex rises 40 points; capital goods, FMCG stocks up - Jun 13, 2012
- Sensex rises 75 points; FMCG, consumer durables up (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex falls 193.40 points, banking stocks slump (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Sensex closes 21 points up (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Sensex rises 97 points, IT stocks up - Aug 21, 2012
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex down 79 points; consumer durables, auto scrips fall - Aug 10, 2012
- Sensex rises 120 points, FMCG, realty, metal stocks up - May 17, 2012
- Sensex down 146.58 points during noon trade - May 11, 2012
- Sensex falls on global economic growth worries - Jul 06, 2012
- Sensex down 31 points, banking, realty stocks fall - Aug 27, 2012
Tags: benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, capital goods, gainers, health care index, inds, larsen and toubro, maruti suzuki, national stock exchange, nse, ongc, points realty, rs 1, rs 120, rs 2, sensitive index, speculators, tata power, thursday afternoon