Sensex down 31.93 points (Lead, correcting figures in Paras 1 and 2)July 2nd, 2012 - 3:48 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 2 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was trading 0.18 percent or 31.93 points down in the afternoon session Monday, led by robust buying in bank, metal and capital goods stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,438.68 points, was trading at 17,398.05 points around 1.30 p.m., down 0.18 percent or 31.93 points from its previous close at 17,429.98 points.
An online technical glitch at the BSE website had led to the earlier inadvertent error in the report.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange also was trading 0.09 percent or 4.95 points higher at 5,283.85 points.
The BSE auto index was down 66.94 points, oil and gas index was also down 34.44 points and the information technology (IT) index was down 15.77 points.
Major Sensex gainers were Sterlite Inds, up 1.51 percent at Rs.104.20, Maruti Suzuki, up 1.38 percent at Rs.1,185.90; Tata Steel, up 1.35 percent at Rs.447.25; BHEL, up 1.21 percent at Rs.234.90; and Bharti Airtel, up 1.18 percent at Rs.308.60.
Major Sensex losers were Jindal Steel, down 1.87 percent at Rs.460.70; TCS, down 1.12 percent at Rs.1,263.25; Tata Motors, down 1.09 percent at Rs.239.40; Hero MotoCorp, down 1.08 percent at Rs.2,119; and Bajaj Auto, down 1.00 percent at Rs.1,556.35.
- Sensex closes 31 points down (Roundup) - Jul 02, 2012
- Sensex rises 439.22 points; bank, metal stocks up - Jul 02, 2012
- Sensex closes 194 points up; IT, power stocks rise (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Sensex down 31 points, banking, realty stocks fall - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex at 14-month high, surging 404 points on reforms hopes (Roundup) - Sep 21, 2012
- Sensex down 75 points, Jindal Steel slumps (Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Sensex closes 194 points up, IT, power stocks rise (Roundup) - Aug 21, 2012
- Sensex ends in green; FMCG, auto stocks rally (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Sensex closes 41 points lower, oil and gas, IT stocks down (Second Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- Sensex down 46 points; oil and gas, IT stocks fall (Roundup) - Sep 18, 2012
- Sensex falls 59 points as bearish mood prevails (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Sensex up 75 points, investors take a breather (Roundup) - Feb 14, 2012
- Sensex up marginally; bank, healthcare stocks gain - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex closes in green, HUL top gainer (Roundup) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex in red, realty, banking under selling - Mar 26, 2012
Tags: afternoon session, auto index, bajaj, benchmark index, bharti airtel, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, capital goods, gas index, inadvertent error, inds, national stock exchange, rs 1, rs 2, sensex, sensitive index, tata motors, tata steel, technical glitch