Sensex crosses record 19,000-point markNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:16 am ICT by admin
The push was led by five companies, which accounted for 60 percent of Monday’s s growth. The companies were Reliance Industries Ltd, ICICI Bank, Rekliance Energy, Larsen and Toubro and ONGC.
The Sensex gained 594 points to touch a historic high of 19000 points at 2.50 p.m.
The above 19,000 barrier marked revival of funds-based buying in blue chip stocks in metal, capital goods and refinery segments.
The 30-share Sensex, which snapped a long rally by losing nearly 395 points on Friday, resumed its record setting journey.
The buying activity also picked up in capital goods and refinery stocks.
Marketmen said the current rally was supported by metal, refinery and capital goods stocks besides a major gain in Reliance pack of stocks belonging to both Ambani brothers.
They said the surge in the market was partly supported by telecom stocks such as Bharti Airtel and reliance Communications after Goldman Sachs raised its price target on the stocks, saying subscriber growth will boost profits.
Similarly, the wide-based National Stock Exchange`s Nifty added a record 150 points to touch a new peak at 5,600.90.
A firm trend in Asian markets also boosted the market sentiment to some extent, in soaring to new heights. (ANI with inputs)
- Sensex slides 190.89 points; auto, bank stocks down - May 31, 2012
- Sensex rises 100 points; auto, IT stocks rally - May 29, 2012
- Sensex closes 337 points higher on ECB bond buying plan (Roundup) - Sep 07, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex rebounds 90 points, Reliance Comm surges 10 percent (Lead) - Dec 24, 2010
- Sensex falls 302 points, banking stocks slump - May 07, 2012
- Sensex remains choppy; ICICI Bank, M&M; rally - Apr 27, 2012
- Sensex rallies 226 points on European cues (Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex gains 53.09 points in special trade - Apr 28, 2012
- Sensex up 222.60 points in noon trade - May 24, 2012
- Sensex surges 434 points on rate cut and policy push hopes (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Sensex hovers near 16,600; metal, auto stocks rally - Jan 19, 2012
- Sensex down 82.04 points; auto, bank, capital goods stocks slide - May 30, 2012
- Sensex gains for third straight week, up 584 points (Weekly market review) - Jan 21, 2012
- Sensex above 17,000, JP Morgan upgrades Indian stocks (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: ambasian markets, bharti airtel, blue chip stocks, boost profits, five companies, goldman sachs, icici bank, larsen and toubro, market sentiment, national stock exchange, nifty, ongc, price target, rally, refinery, reliance industries ltd, share sensex, telecom stocks