Sensex crosses 18K markNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:55 am ICT by admin
Earlier in the day, the index opened with a negative gap of 89 points at 17,402, and soon tumbled to a low of 17,287.
The last 1,000 points took just eight trading days on the Bombay Stock Exchange.
The journey was the second-shortest. On September 26, BSE index crossed 17K, taking just six trading sessions to travel from 16K.
The major support for the market came in from the IT and oil refinery stocks. (ANI)
- Sensex rises 97 points, IT stocks up - Aug 21, 2012
- Sensex pares gains, closes flat (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Sensex holds on to gains, but slips from 18,000 - Feb 29, 2012
- Sensex slides below 18,000-points mark (Lead) - Mar 18, 2011
- Sensex crosses 18,000 points on positive European cues (Roundup) - Sep 12, 2012
- Sensex rises 20 points; metal, auto index up - Aug 08, 2012
- Sensex loses 265 points, closes below 18,000 points (Second Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- Sensex down 31 points, banking, realty stocks fall - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex down 58 points, realty, banks stocks slump (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex soars past 18,000-points on positive Asian cues - Mar 22, 2011
- Sensex rallies, crosses 18,000-mark - Feb 15, 2012
- Sensex slides 1.5 percent on political uncertainty (Second Lead) - Mar 18, 2011
- Sensex slips after touching 18,000 points - Mar 14, 2012
- Sensex closes 105 points lower, realty, bank stocks slump (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex falls below 18,000 in early trade - May 25, 2011