Sensex closes with a gain of 35 points.January 22nd, 2009 - 8:11 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Jan 22 (ANI): The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark sensex finally showed some good results after two days on Thursday by gaining 34.67 points at 8,813.84.
The National Stock Exchange index Nifty also improved by 7.65 points at 2713.80.
Though the 35 points gain is minimal, the investors felt encouraged by Bharti Airtels announcement of handsome results for the third quarter which came as a gain of 6.19 percent to Rs. 619.70.
The announcement has also increased expectations from Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), which is expected to announce its results later on Friday.
The Wall Street Dow Industrial Average gain of 3.5 percent prompted the other Asian bourses to close with good points.
Even the European markets showed improvement.
The banking stocks in US, Europe and Asia have also recovered from the two day low.
The Bombay Stock Exchange banking sector increased by 0.74 percent at 4679.40 as ICICI Bank rose by 2.53 per cent at Rs 378.35 and Canara Bank by 2.31 per cent at Rs 204.15.
Market investors said the sentiment globally is encouraging. (ANI)
- Markets fail to build on firm opening (Roundup) - Jan 22, 2009
- Indian markets dip on profit booking (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Sensex holds on to gains, metals, realty scrips gain - Mar 13, 2012
- Sensex zooms 123 points up, FII interest intact (Roundup) - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex closes 370 points lower, capital goods lose (Roundup) - Jan 30, 2012
- Indian equities markets down, Sensex edges lower (Roundup) - Jul 15, 2011
- RBI measures fail to cheer market, Sensex slips 90 points (Roundup) - Jun 25, 2012
- Sensex ends 274 points down; realty, metal stocks slump (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Sensex closes January with 11 percent gain, best in 16 months (Roundup) - Jan 31, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex closes 56 points up on interest rate cut hopes (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Sensex gains 272 points on rate cut hope, global cues (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Sensex closes 188 points lower on global sell-off - Sep 19, 2011
- Sensex gains for third straight week, up 584 points (Weekly market review) - Jan 21, 2012
- Sensex eases 75 points up, realty, energy scrips rise (Roundup) - Jun 07, 2011
Tags: asia, asian bourses, banking sector, bombay stock exchange, canara, dow, europe, european markets, market investors, national stock exchange, reliance industries, reliance industries limited, reliance industries limited ril, sensex, sentiment, stock exchange index, stocks, wall street