Sensex closes in red, consumer durable, realty stocks down (Roundup)July 13th, 2012 - 6:29 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 13 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets fell for the third straight day Friday and closed over 18 points down, shedding early gains. Consumer durable, realty and metal stocks were among the under-performers.
The Sensex was trading 110 point up in the early trade.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened in the positive at 17,269.20 points, closed at 17,213.70 points down 0.11 percent or 18.85 points from its previous day close at 17,232.55 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 17,342.88 points and low of 17,182.29 points in the intra-day trade.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange also closed 0.15 percent down at 5,227.25 points. The Nifty had plunged 1.34 percent or 71.05 points Thursday.
The major Sensex losers were: Jindal Steel, down 3.24 percent at Rs.430.45; Hindalco Inds, down 2.11 percent at Rs.120.45; Tata Power, down 2.08 percent at Rs.98.70; SBI, down 1.69 percent at Rs.2,179.30; and Infosys, down 1.65 percent at Rs.2,227.80.
The main gainers were: Hero MotoCorp, up 1.38 percent at Rs.2,086.90; HDFC Bank, up 1.21 percent at Rs.586.85; TCS, up 1.10 percent at Rs.1,249.65; and ONGC, up 0.92 percent at Rs.284.75.
The Sensex had slumped 1.47 percent or 256.59 points Thursday due to a disappointing earnings forecast announced by Infosys.
In the Asian region, Japan’s Nikkei closed 0.05 percent up and Hong Kong’s Hang Seng closed 0.35 percent higher. China’s Composite index was 0.02 percent up.
At closing bell here, European markets were trading positive. France’s CAC was up 0.73 percent while Germany’s DAX was up 1.21 percent, Britain’s FTSE 100 was up 0.79 percent.
- Sensex closes 22 points down (Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- Sensex up 76.94 points (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Sensex up 52 points; TCS, HDFC Bank rise - Jul 13, 2012
- Sensex closes 24 points up - Aug 17, 2012
- Sensex ends 38 points down; Bharti Airtel drops 3.85 percent (Roundup) - Aug 22, 2012
- Sensex 80 points high on strong global cues - Sep 06, 2012
- Sensex slips 136 points, consumer durables, banking stocks lose (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex extends losses on week European cues (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 44 points down (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Sensex marginally down at 16,878 points - May 08, 2012
- Sensex closes flat (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Sensex declines 31 points, realty, capital goods stocks down - Jul 26, 2012
- Sensex down 40 points, metal, consumer durable stocks falls - Aug 28, 2012
- Sensex rises 100 points; TCS, Wipro surge - Apr 24, 2012
- Sensex falls below 17,000 points (Lead) - May 04, 2012
Tags: asian region, benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, closing bell, composite index, european markets, ftse 100, hang seng, inds, infosys, metal stocks, national stock exchange, ongc, realty stocks, rs 1, rs 120, rs 2, sbi, sensitive index, tata power