Sensex closes flat (Second Lead)August 10th, 2012 - 5:33 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 10 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets Friday closed flat amid high volatility.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,515.42 points, closed at 17,571.32 points (provisional), 0.06 percent or 10.45 points up from its previous day’s close at 17,560.87 points.
However, the BSE consumer durables index was down 102.76 points, followed by auto index, down 106.07 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 0.06 percent up at 5,326 points.
India’s largest lender SBI was the biggest Sensex loser which closed 4.39 percent down at Rs.1,885.35.
Though the net profit of the bank more than doubled to Rs.3,751.56 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, the non-performing assets (NPA) rose sharply to 4.99 percent as on June 30, raising concerns over the bank’s asset quality.
The bank’s gross non-performing assets was at 3.52 percent at the end of the first quarter of 2011-12 financial year. At the end of the last financial year, the bank’s non-performing assets was 4.44 percent.
Other major Sensex losers were Tata Motors, down 3.24 percent at Rs.231.60; Hero MotoCorp, down 2.33 percent at Rs.1,913; Tata Steel, down 1.43 percent at Rs.400.50; Tata Power, down 0.94 percent at Rs.99.60; and HDFC, down 0.85 percent at Rs.689.
The major gainers were Maruti Suzuki, up 2.53 percent at Rs.1,174; Hindustan Unilever, up 2.37 percent at Rs.498.85; Sterlite Inds, up 2.29 percent at Rs.111.70; and TCS, up 1.78 percent at Rs.1,281.
- Sensex flat; consumer durables, auto index down (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Sensex closes flat; SBI down over 4 percent (Roundup) - Aug 10, 2012
- Sensex down 79 points; consumer durables, auto scrips fall - Aug 10, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex falls 57 points, metal consumer durable stocks down (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex falls 147 percent, metal, power stocks slump - Jul 09, 2012
- Sensex falls from day's high, up 199 points (Roundup) - Jul 27, 2012
- Sensex marginally up; metal, healthcare stocks rally - Sep 10, 2012
- Sensex surges 284 points on firm cues from global markets - Jul 27, 2012
- Sensex trades lower; oil and gas, metal stocks down (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Sensex down almost 75 points - Aug 02, 2012
- Sensex closes 34 points high, FMCG, IT stocks up (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Sensex rises 63 points; banking, metal stocks up - Aug 14, 2012
- Sensex dips below 16,000; global cues, SBI downgrade weigh - Oct 04, 2011
- Sensex down 146.58 points during noon trade - May 11, 2012
Tags: asset quality, auto index, benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, consumer durables, crore, hdfc, inds, maruti suzuki, national stock exchange, non performing assets, quarter ended june, rs 1, s gross, sbi, sensitive index, tata motors, tata power, tata steel