Sensex closes flat; metal, healthcare stocks gain (Lead)September 10th, 2012 - 5:37 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 10 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets closed 17 points up Monday with metals, health care and consumer durables stocks gaining.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,780.93 points, closed at 17,766.78 points (provisional), 17.13 points or 0.10 percent up from its previous day’s close at 17,749.65 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 17,780.93 points and a low of 17,728.12 points in intra-day trade.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 4.75 points or 0.09 percent up at 5,363.45 points.
On the sectoral front, the BSE health care index which was up by 71.07 points followed by metal index was up 61.08 points and the consumer durables index was up 60.34 points.
Top Sensex gainers were Sun Pharma, up 17.85 points at Rs.684.00; Bharti Airtel, up 6.05 points at Rs.260.60; Coal India, up 5.60 points at Rs.365.95; Tata Steel, up 5.60 points at Rs.379.40; and Bajaj Auto, up 22.65 points at Rs.1,706.60.
The main Sensex losers included BHEL, down 4.70 points at Rs.197.80; State Bank of India (SBI), down 39.10 points at Rs.1,856.35; Jindal Steel, down seven percent at Rs.345.20 points; Wipro, down 5.40 points at Rs.375.20; and Tata Power, down 1.30 points at Rs.95.20.
- Sensex closes flat; consumer durable, health care stocks up (Roundup) - Sep 10, 2012
- Sensex marginally up; metal, healthcare stocks rally - Sep 10, 2012
- Sensex closes flat, oil and gas, auto stocks down (Second Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Sensex gains 66 points in special trading - Sep 08, 2012
- Sensex down 79 points; consumer durables, auto scrips fall - Aug 10, 2012
- Sensex closes flat; SBI down over 4 percent (Roundup) - Aug 10, 2012
- Sensex closes flat (Second Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Sensex down 108 points, bank, capital goods stocks fall - Aug 24, 2012
- Sensex closes 40 points down on weak industrial data - Aug 09, 2012
- Sensex rises 40 points; metal, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 04, 2012
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex closes 78 points down (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex down 226.09 points as metals, capital goods stocks tumble - Jul 23, 2012
- Sensex climbs 119 points; SBI, RIL rally (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
Tags: airtel, bajaj, bank of india, benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, coal india, consumer durables, health care index, healthcare stocks, metal index, national stock exchange, rs 1, sbi, sensitive index, state bank, state bank of india, sun pharma, tata power, tata steel