Sensex closes flat (Lead)August 1st, 2012 - 5:32 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 1 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets closed flat Wednesday, erasing early day gains.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,244.44 points, closed at 17,236.96 points (provisional), 0.00 percent or 0.78 points up from its previous day’s close at 17,236.18 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 0.22 percent up at 5,240.50 points.
The major Sensex gainers were Cipla, up 4.31 percent at Rs.353.15; BHEL, up 2.32 percent at Rs.220.70; Tata Power, up 1.68 percent at Rs.99.70; HDFC, up 1.21 percent at Rs.699; and SBI, up 1.19 percent at Rs.2,029.05
The main losers were Coal India, down 2.50 percent at Rs.350.30; ONGC, down 2.31 percent at Rs.279.20; Hero MotoCorp, down 1.85 percent at Rs.1,968.60; Tata Steel, down 1.11 percent at Rs.409; and TCS, down 1.10 percent at Rs.1,227.
- Sensex closes 21 points up (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Sensex up for the third day, rises 38 points - Aug 01, 2012
- Sensex down 146.58 points during noon trade - May 11, 2012
- Sensex rises 41 points; health care, FMCG stocks up - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex closes 61 points up; metal, power stocks rise (Roundup) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex rises 87 points, power, IT stocks up - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex rises 37 points; power, FMCG stocks up - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex rises 52 points health care, FMCG stocks up (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex rises 128 points, IT consumer durable stocks up (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex falls 97 points in choppy trade (Lead) - Dec 27, 2011
- Sensex surges 236 points (Second Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex turns red; IT, metal stocks fall (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Sensex closes 51 points higher as August derivatives end (Roundup) - Aug 30, 2012
- Sensex trades lower; oil and gas, metal stocks down (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Sensex up 100 points on firm Asian cues - Aug 23, 2012