Sensex closes flat, FMCG, PSU stocks up (Second Lead)September 13th, 2012 - 5:50 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 13 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets closed flat Thursday while keeping to the 18,000-mark level reached a day before.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 18,023.95 points, closed at 18,021.16 points (provisional), 21.13 points or 0.12 percent up from its previous day’s close at 18,000.03 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 18,062.68 and a low of 17,976.28 points in intra-day trade.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange closed 0.08 percent up at 5,435.35.
On the sectoral front, the BSE FMCG index was up 3.16 points while PSU index was up 38.58 points and oil and gas index was up 36.92 points.
Top Sensex gainers were Hero MotoCorp, up 1.87 percent at Rs.1,819.10; BHEL, up 1.57 percent at Rs.200.75; Hindustan Unilever, up 1.25 percent at Rs.547; ONGC, up 1.16 percent at Rs.283.05; and Bajaj Auto, up 1.15 percent at Rs.1,711.50.
The main losers included Bharti Airtel, down 3.22 percent at Rs.252.70; Cipla, down 2.44 percent at Rs.369.55; Tata Motors, down 1.41 percent at Rs.259.10; Jindal Steel, down 1.27 percent at Rs.342.05; and Mahindra and Mahindra down 0.95 percent at Rs.754.90.
- Sensex closes flat, FMCG, PSU stocks up (Roundup) - Sep 13, 2012
- Sensex trades flat after early gains (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Sensex rises 31 points; oil and gas, PSU stocks up - Sep 13, 2012
- Sensex down; consumer durables, auto stocks fall - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex down 31 points, banking, realty stocks fall - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex rises 87 points, power, IT stocks up - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex down 41 points; realty, health care stocks slump - Jun 21, 2012
- Sensex up 76.94 points (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Sensex trims gains; auto, oil and gas stocks down (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex closes in green, HUL top gainer (Roundup) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex falls 59 points as bearish mood prevails (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Sensex rises 120 points, FMCG, realty, metal stocks up - May 17, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex closes lower for third consecutive day (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Sensex down 58 points, realty, banks stocks slump (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
Tags: airtel, bajaj, benchmark index, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, cipla, gainers, gas index, losers, mahindra and mahindra, national stock exchange, oil and gas, ongc, psu stocks, rs 1, rs 200, sensitive index, tata motors, unilever