Sensex closes flat; consumer durable, health care stocks up (Roundup)September 10th, 2012 - 8:11 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 10 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets closed flat Monday in the absence of any trigger. Consumer durable and health care stocks were the best performers.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,780.93 points, closed at 17,766.78 points, 0.10 percent or 17.13 points up from its previous day’s close at 17,749.65 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 17,810.90 points and a low of 17,728.12 points in intra-day trade.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange closed 0.09 percent up at 5,363.45 points.
On the sectoral front, the BSE consumer durable index was up 63.18 points. And so were the health care index, up 72.98 points and the metal index, up 69.72 points.
The major Sensex gainers were Sun Pharma, up 2.63 percent at Rs.683.65; Bharti Airtel, up 2.32 percent at Rs.260.45; Coal India, up 1.76 percent at Rs.366.70; and Tata Steel, up 1.63 percent at Rs.379.60.
The main losers were Jindal Steel, down 2.16 percent at Rs.344.60; BHEL, down 2.15 percent at Rs.198.15; SBI, down 1.80 percent at Rs.1,861.30; Tata Power, down 1.19 percent at Rs.95.35; and Wipro, down 1.17 percent at Rs.376.15.
Trade in other Asian stock markets was mixed during the day. Japan’s Nikkei closed 0.03 percent down while Shanghai’s composite index closed 0.34 percent higher. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng closed up 0.13 percent.
Among the European markets, France’s CAC was down 0.37 percent. Germany’s DAX was down 0.37 percent. Britain’s FTSE 100 was trading 0.02 percent higher at closing bell here.
- Sensex closes flat; metal, healthcare stocks gain (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Sensex marginally up; metal, healthcare stocks rally - Sep 10, 2012
- Sensex rises 111 points, auto and banking stocks up - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex rises 63 points; banking, metal stocks up - Aug 14, 2012
- Sensex gains 66 points in special trading - Sep 08, 2012
- Sensex rises 75 points; FMCG, consumer durables up (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex rises 63 points; consumer durable, realty stocks up - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex trims gains; auto, oil and gas stocks down (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex ends 72 points down; metal, consumer durable stocks fall (Roundup) - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex 52 points up; IT, power stocks high (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 74 points down (Second Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex closes 18 points higher (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Sensex closes 60 points down (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Sensex ends in green; FMCG, auto stocks rally (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Sensex falls 58 points; IT, metal stocks slump - Apr 10, 2012
Tags: asian stock markets, benchmark index, bharti airtel, bhel, bombay stock exchange, closing bell, coal india, composite index, european markets, ftse 100, hang seng, health care index, metal index, national stock exchange, sbi, sensitive index, sun pharma, tata power, tata steel, wipro