Sensex closes 95 points up, IT realty stocks high (Second Lead)September 11th, 2012 - 6:07 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 11 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets closed 95 points higher Tuesday as IT, realty and power stocks went up.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,711.80 points, closed at 17,861.69 points (provisional), 94.91 points or 0.53 percent up from its previous day’s close at 17,766.78 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 17,865.39 and a low of 17,677.38 points in intra-day trade. The BSE midcap index was up 17.32 points, while the smallcap index was 35.82 points high.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange closed 0.52 percent up at 5,391.10 points.
On the sectoral front, the BSE IT index was up 56.08 points, the realty index was up by 13.26 points, and the power index, up 15.34 points.
Top Sensex gainers were HDFC, up 2.26 percent at Rs.756.40; NTPC, up 1.72 percent at Rs.174.55; BHEL, up 1.44 percent at Rs.201; ICICI Bank, up 1.42 percent at Rs.947.50; and Gail India, up 1.39 percent at Rs.371.90.
The main losers included Sterlite Inds, down 4.32 percent at Rs.94.05; Jindal Steel, down 3.08 percent at Rs.334; Hero MotoCorp, down 1.02 percent at Rs.1,802; Tata Steel, down 0.76 percent at Rs.377; and Larsen and Toubro down 0.46 percent at Rs.1,369.50.
- Sensex closes 86 points higher; realty, IT index up (Roundup) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex 52 points up; IT, power stocks high (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex up marginally; bank, healthcare stocks gain - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 38 points down (Second Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Sensex down 58 points, realty, banks stocks slump (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex down 31 points, banking, realty stocks fall - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex closes 55 points down, realty, banking stocks lower (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Sensex closes 16 points down (Second lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex closes 117 points down (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Sensex closes 105 points lower, realty, bank stocks slump (Second Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex down 168 points - Aug 03, 2012
- Sensex closes 129 points down (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex ends 38 points down; Bharti Airtel drops 3.85 percent (Roundup) - Aug 22, 2012
- Sensex closes 129 points down on weak European cues (Roundup) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 56 points up, realty, oil and gas stocks rise (Roundup) - Sep 04, 2012
Tags: benchmark index, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, gail, gainers, inds, larsen and toubro, losers, midcap index, national stock exchange, ntpc, power index, power stocks, realty stocks, rs 1, sensitive index, sep 11, smallcap index, tata steel