Sensex closes 87 points up (Second Lead)July 19th, 2012 - 5:23 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 19 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets closed 87 points higher Thursday on firm global cues and good buying in IT, consumer durables, and oil and gas.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,288.34 points, closed 17,272.61 points, up 0.51 percent or 87.60 points from its previous day’s close at 17,185.01 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 0.47 percent higher at 5,241.05 points.
The BSE IT index was up 84.95 points and so were consumer durable and oil and gas indices at 82.88 points and 96.27 points, respectively.
The major Sensex gainers were Infosys, up 2.81 percent at Rs.2,237; Sterlite Inds, up 2.47 percent at Rs.105.90; BHEL, up 2.29 percent at Rs.234.90; Tata Power, up 2.13 percent at Rs.100.50; and Bajaj Auto, up 1.82 percent at Rs.1,550.
The losers were Maruti Suzuki, down 8.93 percent at Rs.1,115; Bharti Airtel, down 2.57 percent at Rs.316.25; SBI, down 1.32 percent at Rs.2,157; Hero MotoCorp, down 0.78 percent at Rs.2,100; and Dr Reddy’s Lab, down 0.71 percent at Rs.1,660.05.
- Sensex rises 128 points, IT consumer durable stocks up (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex rises 104 points, consumer durable, IT stocks up - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex ends 93 points higher; IT, consumer durable stocks up( Roundup) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex down 86 points, capital goods stocks slump - Aug 30, 2012
- Sensex down 31.93 points (Lead, correcting figures in Paras 1 and 2) - Jul 02, 2012
- Sensex closes 95 points up as inflation dips (Roundup) - Aug 14, 2012
- Sensex closes 79 points high (Second Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex down 79 points; consumer durables, auto scrips fall - Aug 10, 2012
- Sensex down 39 points - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex closes almost 95 points up (Second Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Sensex down 119 points; consumer durable, auto stocks fall - May 23, 2012
- Sensex rises 147.78 points; consumer durables, realty stocks up - Jun 11, 2012
- Sensex climbs 119 points; SBI, RIL rally (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Sensex closes 17 points down on growth worries (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: bajaj, benchmark index, bharti airtel, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, consumer durable, consumer durables, cues, dr reddy, gainers, inds, maruti suzuki, national stock exchange, oil and gas, rs 1, rs 2, sbi, sensitive index, tata power