Sensex closes 79 points high (Second Lead)July 18th, 2012 - 5:32 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 18 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets Wednesday closed 79 points up, led by good buying in metal, capital goods and realty stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,113.37 points, closed at 17,185.01 points, up (provisional) 0.47 percent or 79.71 points from its previous day’s close at 17,105.30 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange closed 0.45 percent higher at 5,216.30 points.
The major Sensex gainers were Bajaj Auto, up 5.20 percent at Rs.1,522.35; Tata Power, up 2.71 percent at Rs.98.40; Jindal Steel, up 2.67 percent at Rs.426.55; Sterlite Inds, up 2.43 percent at Rs.103.35 and Maruti Suzuki, up 2.31 percent at Rs.1,224.30.
The losers were Tata Motors, down 1.93 percent at Rs.221.55; Dr Reddys Lab, down 1.85 percent at Rs.1,672; NTPC, down 0.79 percent at Rs.157; SBI, down 0.59 percent at Rs.2,185.95 and Cipla, down 0.56 percent at Rs.329.70.
- Sensex rises 80 points, metal, capital goods stocks up (Roundup) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex down; consumer durables, auto stocks fall - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex rises 66 points; metal, IT stocks up (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex rises 128 points, IT consumer durable stocks up (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex rises 104 points, consumer durable, IT stocks up - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex ends 93 points higher; IT, consumer durable stocks up( Roundup) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex closes 87 points up (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
- Sensex above 16,000-mark, realty, FMCG stocks fall (Lead) - Jun 05, 2012
- Sensex rises 52 points health care, FMCG stocks up (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex closes 37 points up (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex closes flat (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Sensex down 82 points as bank, oil and gas stocks tumble - Jul 20, 2012
- Sensex closes 16 points down (Second lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex down 79 points; consumer durables, auto scrips fall - Aug 10, 2012
- Sensex closes 129 points down (Second Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: benchmark index, bombay stock exchange, bse, capital goods, cipla, dr reddys lab, gainers, inds, losers, maruti suzuki, national stock exchange, ntpc, realty stocks, rs 1, rs 2, sbi, sensex, sensitive index, tata motors, tata power